Archtop Demo

Man, that’s a gorgeous guitar. Since “discovering” the awesomeness of the PRS hollowbody designs, now I find myself wanting to check them all out. I guess now I have to add an Archtop to my dream list!

maybe! I like your avatar message, I was established in 61 I'm still alive - we're on a roll!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your video demo!! I really enjoyed it. Well done!! Man..... I forgot about those Archtops. I remember trying one in late 90's or very early 2000's. I forgot how thick the body was and I remember them being rather light in weight. Great tone.
AHHHH I GASSING NOW!! "Honey I swear I wasn't going to buy another guitar but IT'S AN ARCHTOP !!!"

Hope she understands :(:(:(

Unholy carp, that's gorgeous. I mean, I saw the pictures of it, but there's something about moving it around in a motion pitcher that makes me feel like I'm seeing it in its true form, rather than just glamour shots.

And yeah, it sounds great -- love that Fender tone. The pickups have a perfect bananalance to them.

And I completely agree with the larger body -- it doesn't bother me at all. I have 2 Hollowbodies, several archtops, and even though I'm not orangutan arms, I just mentally adjust. The SC-J comes to mind, although it's large in a different dimension (super wide bout), but I love it.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your video demo!! I really enjoyed it. Well done!! Man..... I forgot about those Archtops. I remember trying one in late 90's or very early 2000's. I forgot how thick the body was and I remember them being rather light in weight. Great tone.
AHHHH I GASSING NOW!! "Honey I swear I wasn't going to buy another guitar but IT'S AN ARCHTOP !!!"

Hope she understands :(:(:(

thanks for sharing your time to check this out and i appreciate the kind words and the laugh!

Unholy carp, that's gorgeous. I mean, I saw the pictures of it, but there's something about moving it around in a motion pitcher that makes me feel like I'm seeing it in its true form, rather than just glamour shots.

And yeah, it sounds great -- love that Fender tone. The pickups have a perfect bananalance to them.

And I completely agree with the larger body -- it doesn't bother me at all. I have 2 Hollowbodies, several archtops, and even though I'm not orangutan arms, I just mentally adjust. The SC-J comes to mind, although it's large in a different dimension (super wide bout), but I love it.

thank you sir for checking this out! Also great to hear about your collection, wow, very sweet! I'd love to see a pic of one, or more, of your AT's. Totally get it if that's too much trouble but i'd love to hear if you have a fave?

Not so much too much trouble, as I just suck at taking pictures. I'll post if I work up the nerve, because the SC-J is gorgeous. Doesn't look at all like any of the ones you find on the net, because it's transparent black with a brass-colored Bigsby. And yes, I have favourite others, but they're...uh...other brands. Nothing fancy (Ibanez, Schecter Jazz 7, Gretsch), though.

Back