Archtop and Hollowbody pics

Here is my SCHBI--a real keeper:

Last edited:
I ordered this in '02. I've only seen a few others in turquoise, and they've either had birds and/or 10 top & back. I'm not one who's willing to shell out for fancy tops and inlays, so I settled for this "plain" thing. ;)

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

That color is BEAUTIFUL!!!

That color is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I had my heart set on Whale Blue and had the shop transfer one in, but I was totally underwhelmed when I saw it (plus the top was cracked!:eek:). My wife picked turquoise. Actually, we weren't even engaged yet. She insisted I buy the guitar before I bought her a ring. Definition of a keeper. :dancing:

I owned this one for about 2 weeks...but had to claim it as damaged during shipping so they took it back :( Still bummed!

IMG_4034_zps47778135.jpg

Dang, prs19, that is a beauty. What was the damage if you don't mind me asking?

It was a spruce top and there was a crack in the top at the pickup selector. This was before the PTC but I took it up to Elderly Brothers Music in Lansing, MI to get looked at to see if it was just a surface finish crack. They said that it wasn't and most likely it would continue to crack. I would've kept the guitar but not for what I paid for it. There was no middle ground with the shipping place...either they take it back for the insurance price of you keep it. I bet PTC could've fixed it right up! The closest thing to a PS that I will ever get. It was purchased on eBay and I verified it's legitimacy with PRS before I bid. The guitar was built for Mike Einziger around the time he was switching to Fender's...so I'm thinking it was in the PS department getting built during that time and somehow the guy I bought it from had a 'connection'. At that time he sold a good many one-off PRS guitars and was in the Maryland area. That guitar was amazing though...

That is a bummer!
That is a gorgeous example, the mike einziger connection just makes it cooler

I can't say that they do. At the time I contacted PRS Customer Service to verify the guitar was legitimate based on serial number before bidding. I talked with the seller on the phone and he suggested doing this if I was concerned. Not saying it wasn't a part of the article above because anything's possible, but hopefully PRS would've taken action when I gave them the serial number and it had been stolen from the factory.

Sadly this beauty is no longer mine (REALLY miss it, sounded and played amazing, would love to bring her back at some point if possible! :)) but figured I'd share my pics since it's relevant to the thread! Think she's a twin to Serious Poo's soapy-loaded beauty:

PRSPSSinglecutHBOutdoors_42_zpsf7800de7.jpg

PRSPSSinglecutHBOutdoors_55_zps7face414.jpg

PRSPSSinglecutHBOutdoors_50_zpsdcc5e542.jpg

PRSPSSinglecutHBOutdoors_23_zps24ab0afd.jpg

I can't say that they do. At the time I contacted PRS Customer Service to verify the guitar was legitimate based on serial number before bidding. I talked with the seller on the phone and he suggested doing this if I was concerned. Not saying it wasn't a part of the article above because anything's possible, but hopefully PRS would've taken action when I gave them the serial number and it had been stolen from the factory.

I thought of that article as soon as I read your post. It just sounded very familiar! Back when this was all going on, BaM was buzzing with info on the thefts and how they did it and the two stories lined up. Not to mention I've always been a huge fan of Magnum, P.I. and learned all of my detective work from television. :laugh:

Damn fine guitar, though.:wink:

My HB Spruce BTW
100_0338.jpg

Last edited:
It was a spruce top and there was a crack in the top at the pickup selector. This was before the PTC but I took it up to Elderly Brothers Music in Lansing, MI to get looked at to see if it was just a surface finish crack. They said that it wasn't and most likely it would continue to crack. I would've kept the guitar but not for what I paid for it. There was no middle ground with the shipping place...either they take it back for the insurance price of you keep it. I bet PTC could've fixed it right up! The closest thing to a PS that I will ever get. It was purchased on eBay and I verified it's legitimacy with PRS before I bid. The guitar was built for Mike Einziger around the time he was switching to Fender's...so I'm thinking it was in the PS department getting built during that time and somehow the guy I bought it from had a 'connection'. At that time he sold a good many one-off PRS guitars and was in the Maryland area. That guitar was amazing though...

Man, that sucks! The first HBII I tried to get was cracked in the same place.

Back