Archtop and Hollowbody pics

Sweet guitars guys!!!! Man, those JA-15 pictures are not helping me here. ;-) I see one of those in my future!!!

Popcorn? Hans- you have the crem de la crem of archtops, show it off!

Here is my 98' McCarty Archtop

img1085s.jpg

img1091m.jpg

img1090y.jpg

img1089zc.jpg

I think I would be playing a lot of "make yourself" and "morning view" with that Mike. Its gorgeous!

I had this (not a good pic, but only one I have):

00HBI.jpg

Got it used at a GC for a steal. Wish I had never sold it. Dumb. It was kind of beat up, real player. I gigged it a few times and loved the way it sounded live. Funny, even though the pups were no where near as powerful as the HFS in my other stage guitars, it covered the bases better than any of my other non-HFS guitars. Smooth sustain for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays.... Did a full set with it doing everything from Motorhead to Deep Purple to The Zombies to Tom Petty. *sigh* Someone kick me in the

$(KGrHqRHJBQE+Jd+Kq72BPyuDSIM3!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJ!0E-bKTNDR9BPyuDSCwH!~~60_3.JPG

I have stole these pictures from ebay (no affliation at all with the seller, I am in a different country anyway)

This is gave me a serious Waynes World moment "she will be mine, oh yes she will be mine"

Popcorn? Hans- you have the crem de la crem of archtops, show it off!

Here is my 98' McCarty Archtop

img1085s.jpg

img1091m.jpg

img1090y.jpg

img1089zc.jpg

Thanks man! Gotta love payment plans

It was in a used music shop in Nashville and according to the store belonged to an old PRS endorsee whose name escapes me at the moment. Hans also pointed out to me that it appears to have some sort of early version/prototype McCarty pickups when I opened her guts and showed him. I need to learna little more jazz to do her justice though :p

Would that PRS endorsee happen to be Mike Einziger from Incubus? Looks exactly like the one he used to own, and I read somewhere that he got rid of all his PRS guitars recently.

Would that PRS endorsee happen to be Mike Einziger from Incubus? Looks exactly like the one he used to own, and I read somewhere that he got rid of all his PRS guitars recently.

I dont think so BUT that would be a fabulous snag if it was. I love Incubus haha Shawn - can you verify this with a serial number? haha

I dont think so BUT that would be a fabulous snag if it was. I love Incubus haha Shawn - can you verify this with a serial number? haha
Judging from the Calton case, which I will totally swipe the 1st time you let me near it...

You guys are killing me! Ordered my HBII Artist a couple weeks ago, can't wait.

I ordered this in '02. I've only seen a few others in turquoise, and they've either had birds and/or 10 top & back. I'm not one who's willing to shell out for fancy tops and inlays, so I settled for this "plain" thing. ;)

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

I bought this 2008 Hollowbody II in July, used here in the UK, I am the 3rd owner, it was originally a custom build for a PRS employee. I love it, it is my only PRS, I was really lucky as it is in superb condition, hardly used at all. I used to have a 1998 Spruce Hollowbody which I really regret selling.

Steve

prs_hollowbody_II_001.jpg

prs_hollowbody_II_007.jpg

prs_hollowbody_II_006.jpg

prs_hollowbody_II_008.jpg

prs_hollowbody_II_009.jpg

NOT mine, but had it in my possession for a few months way back when......but an absolutely astonishing guitar.

DSCF0678.jpg

DSCF0680.jpg

DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

And this one IS mine:

P1020314.jpg

P1020312.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;20641 said:
Judging from the Calton case, which I will totally swipe the 1st time you let me near it...

Consider it yours, my friend.

Back