Archon vs. Shiva 20th

ha, no. She was safe though. ;) Of course, she'd be even safer now because her husband loves Rush as well and can bench 400lbs. If there were only more Rush concerts to go too. :(

I can do 500 lbs. on the bench. Or more. IF the bench is long enough, and there are enough weights for me to put on it.

I can do 500 lbs. on the bench. Or more. IF the bench is long enough, and there are enough weights for me to put on it.
Of course you can, because this is the internet and we can do anything here! :rolleyes:

:p:p

I can. If they're 25 lb. plates, I can do five stacks of four, or I can do a pyramid shape if the bench isn't too padded. 10 lb. plates are harder because if they get too high, they fall over.
Somebody is not following the rules... remember, there is NO MATH here!

p.s. I think you were not just doing "math" but actually got into some geometry at the end of the post. That could get you reported!

This is why Shawn doesn't call anymore.

Isn't strange sometimes the things that turn people away from us? Huh, I thought Geometry was interesting. I'd never stop calling someone over it. Now, Trigonometry... that will get you on the "block list" pronto!

Isn't strange sometimes the things that turn people away from us? Huh, I thought Geometry was interesting. I'd never stop calling someone over it. Now, Trigonometry... that will get you on the "block list" pronto!

Agreed. Talking about trig in a guitar forum is a bad sine.

it's going to be, what you call, "astro-nomical" if he doesn't stop the Trig talk. I put that time of my life behind me and DO NOT EVER want to revisit it.

True story - this is how geeky I am. I subscribe to a daily comics site (because the local paper dropped a bunch of strips I love). They have Peanuts reruns. This one came up this week:

peanuts_math_help.gif

And I dug up the old algebra skills and figured it out. Mr. Kerekes would have been proud - and he was a sarcastic SOB. One time in class, the girl in front of me was putting on makeup while he was writing on the board. He must have seen her at some point, because with his back turned to the class, he said, "Miss Tiberio, have I ever told you you can't fix what nature ruined?" Floored everybody in the class and left her speechless the rest of the period.

True story - this is how geeky I am. I subscribe to a daily comics site (because the local paper dropped a bunch of strips I love). They have Peanuts reruns. This one came up this week:

peanuts_math_help.gif

And I dug up the old algebra skills and figured it out. Mr. Kerekes would have been proud - and he was a sarcastic SOB. One time in class, the girl in front of me was putting on makeup while he was writing on the board. He must have seen her at some point, because with his back turned to the class, he said, "Miss Tiberio, have I ever told you you can't fix what nature ruined?" Floored everybody in the class and left her speechless the rest of the period.

My wife is a makeup artist. She always looks very, very good. Even now that's she's...what's the right word here...I'm thinking refinement, good taste, and mature good looks...not thinking over the hill (baaaahahahahaha)...

"Did you just call me 'over the hill'?"

"Why no, dearest. I said not over the hill."

"Then why do I feel insulted? And I wasn't bad at math, either."

"I know. You were a genius at math. But, you know..."

"You're asking for it, pal."

"On the contrary, I'm begging for it."

It's a touchy area.
I breezed through high school, far more concerned with girls and basketball than with class. But I took all the college prep classes and with little effort, got all As and Bs, which I was fine with.

That’s until Trigonometry my Senior year. Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra II, Calculus, Statistics, no problem. Then came Trig. It just didn’t register with me, and I waited a little too long to get concerned about it. I got my first D ever and thought I was in big trouble with my parents. (The threat was actually that if I even got a C I would have my car taken away!). I managed to pull a B every 6 weeks after that, but a final grade of C for the course. My first ever and costed me magnum come loudly or something like that.

Seriously, it was the first time I ever struggled with the advanced math, and after loving all the others, I resented the whole concept of it afterwards.

Back