Archon vs. Shiva 20th

Very nice! I've been interested in both of those amps since their introduction.

In this demo, I liked the Soldano a bit better on the gain channel, but the Bogner a bit better on the crunch channel. That's with both dialed to sound similar though. so who knows if that would hold true after turning some knobs. Both sound great. I'd love to try that Bogner because I love my ATMA and this is more of the 3 channels I'd want... clean/plexi/gain setup.

I've just found out about the bogner 3435 and am really considering saving up for one
I've always wanted a 101B since I played one years ago. And an Uber. :D Great amps! But I have no use or room for 3-4 100 or 120 watt monsters. So, the 3435 has really had my interest as well.

I've always wanted a 101B since I played one years ago. And an Uber. :D Great amps! But I have no use or room for 3-4 100 or 120 watt monsters. So, the 3435 has really had my interest as well.
Yeah kind of why it appeals to me too. The big amps seem cool, but I have no need for anything that big, heavy, loud or expensive but the 3534 seems manageable.

....Revv have a new version of the generator 7-40 coming out this year that could be good too. 3 channels with the built in captor X like the big models

Put a set of NOS Siemens EL34s in that thing, as well as a few NOS Mullard 12 AX7s, and it would absolutely stun audiences or listeners to recorded music.

The Ecstasy is a very fine amp. Granted, it's a bit gainy for my purposes, but I have great respect for what it can do. Also Reinhold Bogner is a most excellent dude.

I really really really wanted an Ecstasy 101B, but it's too physically big, and too much power. I'm thrilled with the 3534, seems like they designed it just for me.

The Ecstasy can be very gainy, but also sounds amazing with the gain knobs set very low. I've been running them everywhere from 9:00 to 3:00 with super results. The presence knob is also very useable. You can make the amp very bright and EVH-ish, well-balanced, or quite dark. Presence, Bass and Treble are all very interactive, so endless tweaking is yours if you wish.

You could set the amp up to be any two of '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and modern. The clean channel gives yet another bit of flexibility, and can actually stretch to '70s if you want to have '70s, '80s and modern on tap.

I will likely do a playthrough that covers some different territory.

The SLO is just awesome. Very difficult to match with any of my other high-gain amps.

I really really really wanted an Ecstasy 101B, but it's too physically big, and too much power. I'm thrilled with the 3534, seems like they designed it just for me.

The Ecstasy can be very gainy, but also sounds amazing with the gain knobs set very low. I've been running them everywhere from 9:00 to 3:00 with super results. The presence knob is also very useable. You can make the amp very bright and EVH-ish, well-balanced, or quite dark. Presence, Bass and Treble are all very interactive, so endless tweaking is yours if you wish.

You could set the amp up to be any two of '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and modern. The clean channel gives yet another bit of flexibility, and can actually stretch to '70s if you want to have '70s, '80s and modern on tap.

I will likely do a playthrough that covers some different territory.

The SLO is just awesome. Very difficult to match with any of my other high-gain amps.

I've spent some quality time with a 101B. I was definitely able to get sweet, vintage style tones out of it. As with my MkV, Channel 3 with the highest gain didn't get much use, but it's an impressive sounding amp.

Back in 1994, I was amp shopping, and it came down to one of the Soldanos of that era, or a Mesa Tremoverb. I wound up with the Tremoverb, because I'm more of a bluesy guy, and the amp seemed a better fit, but the Soldano was impressive, and it was a pretty close call. The Soldano can do some pretty nice lower gain stuff, too.

The last time I saw Clapton live, which come to think of it was a fairly long time ago (!), he was using a couple of Fender Tweed amps, and for his Cream stuff, a Soldano with a snakeskin covering. It'll do a very nice job on classic rock as well as the heavier stuff.

Mmmmmm... Snakeskin...

I took my son to that show when he was still in high school. He was so excited by what Clapton was doing that by the time Clappo got to 'Sunshine of Your Love', he was - literally - jumping up and down to the music. The closing song was 'Layla'. It was incredible.

It was a great night! We did go close to the stage after the show to look at the gear while it was being packed up. Incidentally, the opening act was Bramhall. Good as his show was, the sky opened up when Clapton got going.

Anyway, the amp sounded fantastic, and it made me realize that a player like Clapton is doing lots of things to make his playing sound amazing, some that you wouldn't necessarily expect, such as one of the original 'classic rock' guys using a Soldano.

I took my son to that show when he was still in high school. He was so excited by what Clapton was doing that by the time Clappo got to 'Sunshine of Your Love', he was - literally - jumping up and down to the music. The closing song was 'Layla'. It was incredible.

It was a great night! We did go close to the stage after the show to look at the gear while it was being packed up. Incidentally, the opening act was Bramhall. Good as his show was, the sky opened up when Clapton got going.

Anyway, the amp sounded fantastic, and it made me realize that a player like Clapton is doing lots of things to make his playing sound amazing, some that you wouldn't necessarily expect, such as one of the original 'classic rock' guys using a Soldano.

Best. Dad. Ever.

I took my daughter and 15 - count 'em, fifteen - of her middle school girlfriends to see New Kids On the Block.

That, sir, is the kind of suffering that deserves sainthood!

I rest my case. Anoint me immediately.

Or contributing to the delinquency of minors. You might want a plea bargain.

Back