Archon version 2 possibility?

FunkyFreeman

Moo Panuwat
Hi. I'm looking at an Archon 50 head now. But something crosses my mind as this amp series has been around for nearly a decade without any significant model update. So I want to make sure that my coming purchase will be spent on a latest design.

So does anyone hear about any possibility of new model of Archon family to be introduced in this year? o_O

Below is current version, just for your attention only. :D
archon_50_hero_large.jpg

In terms of pure tone, I don't think this amp could be anything more than exactly what it is.

I could see them coming out with a *different* amp, but not like an Archon V2-Now-With-MIDI-and-Cab-Sims!

Whatever Doug is working on, I hope it comes in a paisley cloth.
Hmm. Good point for completely new model. Thanks!

MT-15 is the Archon 1.2.

This is what Doug is thinking
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/7_tips_for_buying_a_guitar_amp

Looks like PRS development is largely focused on Artist models and digital modeling. Possibly Mark Tremonti will want an MT-100, maybe made in USA. That would likely include the mid boost on the clean channel. IMO this is the only change in high-gain amps I would bet on. The voicing of the MT model is slightly different from the Archon. The new Rectifier Badlander may drive additional voicing alteration. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark rocking one of those.

Isn't that what the MT-100 will essentially be? Roots in the Archon design, but updated and enhanced?

Back