Archon MADNESS is on FULL THROTTLE...

GTRMAV

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
They have arrived and We are shipping today! More to follow... Call or TEXT!!
Wall of \m/ MADNESS!!

:rock:
I'm actually kinda amazed there's a couple floating around for sale yet.

Just arrived here, unfortunately it's been pretty cold the last few days so I have to just sit and look at her until she gets acclimated. Then unleash the beast.

Thanks JD for the awesome swag! A classy T-shirt and very nice strap.

Getting to know her new family. Tone reports to follow.

Just arrived here, unfortunately it's been pretty cold the last few days so I have to just sit and look at her until she gets acclimated. Then unleash the beast.

Thanks JD for the awesome swag! A classy T-shirt and very nice strap.

Getting to know her new family. Tone reports to follow.

Wow. It's not much bigger than the 5150 III 50 watt. Sick.

I am also surpised it's rather a compact size which I love.
I would love to hear your review, congrats!

Our initial order of eight are now all SOLD. I have two on order from PRS but no confirmation of shipping date. If you would like me to hold one of those for you please advise.

Thanks JD

:top::top::top:

Must have tone report!!! That's awesome!

When first plugging in I tried to be objective and ignore the pre-launch hype. But it was soon undeniable, it's only my humble opinion, but this amp is genuinely awesome. I'm currently putting together some clips but it's taking longer than expected because of the amp's versatility.

Some first impressions:
-There is plenty of gain on tap. I have turned on the Green Rhino only a few times to get super hairy and mushy, but the amp screams enough by itself.(using 408/DGT/Tremonti)
-There is a bright switch for each channel. I suspect this switch was turned off on the lead channel for the demo clips, hence the darker tone. Once I flipped that switch it really turned into a razor sharp cut-through-the-mix tone.
-This joker is LOUD. I am only running it in 50w mode through a 2x12 Vertical Recto Cab and the masters are not past 9 o'clock.
-Tone stack controls are pretty responsive, so it's been both fun and challenging finding a tone to settle on, I find myself wanting to try every variation.
-Beautiful wood-inducing harmonics.

For the people concerned about 'bedroom' volumes. I think that will vary depending on what cab you're running it through and I guess how insulated your bedroom is or how deaf your family is. Like i mentioned, my masters aren't past 25%, but I'm close mic'ing and getting good tone so no need to crank. But if you're running a 4x12 I'm not sure the master at 9 o'clock would sound so good. I honestly have no idea. But the volume I have it at now is both comfortable for hours of playing AND giving me a super pleasing recording tone.

Hoping to have some clips soon.

Sounds great, looking forward to some clips.

Well, I have a Carvin 4x12, Carvin 2x12, and an Orange cab with a 1x12 Celestion Vintage 30.
Any of those cabs though in my place will peel the paint off the wall if I turn up any of my head units I have.

When first plugging in I tried to be objective and ignore the pre-launch hype. But it was soon undeniable, it's only my humble opinion, but this amp is genuinely awesome. I'm currently putting together some clips but it's taking longer than expected because of the amp's versatility.

Some first impressions:
-There is plenty of gain on tap. I have turned on the Green Rhino only a few times to get super hairy and mushy, but the amp screams enough by itself.(using 408/DGT/Tremonti)
-There is a bright switch for each channel. I suspect this switch was turned off on the lead channel for the demo clips, hence the darker tone. Once I flipped that switch it really turned into a razor sharp cut-through-the-mix tone.
-This joker is LOUD. I am only running it in 50w mode through a 2x12 Vertical Recto Cab and the masters are not past 9 o'clock.
-Tone stack controls are pretty responsive, so it's been both fun and challenging finding a tone to settle on, I find myself wanting to try every variation.
-Beautiful wood-inducing harmonics.

For the people concerned about 'bedroom' volumes. I think that will vary depending on what cab you're running it through and I guess how insulated your bedroom is or how deaf your family is. Like i mentioned, my masters aren't past 25%, but I'm close mic'ing and getting good tone so no need to crank. But if you're running a 4x12 I'm not sure the master at 9 o'clock would sound so good. I honestly have no idea. But the volume I have it at now is both comfortable for hours of playing AND giving me a super pleasing recording tone.

Hoping to have some clips soon.

Thank you for the tone report.
How would you compare the Archon to the Mark IV?

Thank you for the tone report.
How would you compare the Archon to the Mark IV?

So far it seems like there is a lot more clean headroom in the Archon, even at 50w. I love the Mark IV because of it's lead tone, I like to get that tight mid-focused buzz saw kind of tone that sort of sizzles but it's not fizzy. I can definitely dial that in with the Archon, along with usable low-end. On my Mark IV I've always had to be careful adding low-end because it just sounded like poop. The Archon gives me a little growl underneath the sizzle, and still retaining a lot of articulation. Rolling off the guitar volume works nicely too.

Back