Archon faceplates - curious

Lyric

While waiting for my new Archon 100 to come in the mail I got curious and was wondering if it is possible to get a different colored faceplate from PRS Archon? I like the factory faceplate but was just curious and wondering. Thanks

Apparently have you have to know Elvis to get one. At least, that's what worked for me.

Email customer service. They are very helpful. They can sell one of the stock colors, but I got them to make me a custom colour. Had to wait quite a while for it, but I love it.

Lol

So your saying you had to jump through a lot of hoops I guess lol. I figured it wasn’t an easy to come by piece but was just wondering.
No, I just was lucky enough to know Elvis! This one ^ LOL But he did get one and was kind enough to send me the black one from his, which matched my cab.

Email customer service. They are very helpful. They can sell one of the stock colors, but I got them to make me a custom colour. Had to wait quite a while for it, but I love it.

Ah so I get it now, your Elvis. I thought DreamTheaterRules was speaking metaphorically lol. Awesome awesome, so now I have spoke with Elvis :)

I’ll reach out to PRS and see about possibly getting another color. Is the plum purple color they did on the Limited Edition Archon a stock color? I like that color a lot or green but I love the purple plum.

no metaphors. When I got the package my wife said "what is that?" I said "my buddy Elvis sent it to me for the PRS amp." She laughed, thinking I was joking, and I showed her his note he sent along with it, signed "Elvis." She just said "oh, ok." Then I was watching some of his band videos one night and she said "oh, is that Elvis?" Yep, that's him. He's alive and playing music in California! LOL

no metaphors. When I got the package my wife said "what is that?" I said "my buddy Elvis sent it to me for the PRS amp." She laughed, thinking I was joking, and I showed her his note he sent along with it, signed "Elvis." She just said "oh, ok." Then I was watching some of his band videos one night and she said "oh, is that Elvis?" Yep, that's him. He's alive and playing music in California! LOL

Lol :) that’s a good one

I had mine swapped by the PTC because my retailer didn't specify that I wanted the violet faceplate, and I got another one instead (I don't even remember what the other one was, I let the PTC keep it -- not their fault, it was towards the end of the run, and I got the last that the distributor had in stock, so I still felt lucky getting what I wanted, and I was accomodated for the price of a drive to PRSHQ, which is an enjoyable drive any day of the week except Friday -- they were kind enough to swap them while I waited...and on the way back to the car, I almost destroyed it by losing control of the cart...but I didn't). I have a whole plum stack of 2 2x12 cabs, Archon 100, and HX/DA head, all with violet faceplates.

You have excellent taste in wanting plum, if I may say so.

I had mine swapped by the PTC because my retailer didn't specify that I wanted the violet faceplate, and I got another one instead (I don't even remember). I have a whole plum stack of 2 2x12 cabs, Archon 100, and HX/DA, all with violet faceplates.

You have excellent taste in wanting plum, if I may say so.

I bet it’s beautiful. I liked the plum colored a lot but they went quickly. Hopefully they might have one of the plum/violet faceplates I can buy lol and if not I’m just fine with the stock faceplate but that plum is Sweet Sweet

The purple faceplate is called "violet", it matches the core stain that was available that year. I think the other one was "white" or "straw" or something...but honestly, I don't remember.

Back