Anyone using 9s on their PRSi??

Russ73

I recently bought my 5th PRS,as posted in a thread that disappeared, yes 5, but this one is my first SE and as I have always used 9.5s or 10s on my USA models the SE came with 9s and boy can I rip on this little guitar! it is a tad loose and does buzz a bit with low action but I raised it a tad , still comfortable, but I feel like I have 20 yr old fingers again with the bending and vibrato and overall control of the guitar...anyone else?

GJC

Tried 10's on my SE standard 24 multi-foil and felt stiff, did not like it at all. 9's feel great! Depending on the guitar I use 10's and 9's

DreamTheaterRules

I have a kickstand, and I'm prepared to use it!
I have 9.5s on two of them and BOTH are going back to 10s. Something I thought I'd never say... but they play so well and easy that I'm going back up to 10s. After I try that, we'll see if I stay there, but right now I'm confident I will.

Ha, never thought I'd CHOOSE to play 10s. 9s light top heavy bottom used to be my go to.

JMintzer

Bobble Head Moderator
9's-10's... Whatever it takes...

momhed.jpg

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
I use 9s on all my 25 inch scale PRS guitars, Only exception was a Santana model with 24 1/2 inch scale I used 9.5’s, 10s for me were to stiff, I like bending a lot and now at 51 I’m feeling arthritis in my hands.

dmatthews

Dave's not here...
I was playing 9s all the time before I bought my first PRS. I tried 9s on the 305 for a while, but went back to the 10s it shipped with.
Maybe I should try 9s again, it's been years.

JJJ

asleep
I recently bought my 5th PRS,as posted in a thread that disappeared, yes 5, but this one is my first SE and as I have always used 9.5s or 10s on my USA models the SE came with 9s and boy can I rip on this little guitar! it is a tad loose and does buzz a bit with low action but I raised it a tad , still comfortable, but I feel like I have 20 yr old fingers again with the bending and vibrato and overall control of the guitar...anyone else?
I have quite happily used 9s, including on a 245.

I prefer the feel of 10s on PRS, although it's worth noting I tune to D standard and often drop C. So it's still rather slinky compared to what a lot of people play.

I feel lead playing is really nice, you do suffer from pitch problems if you're a hard hitter on the low strings however.