Anyone seen David Gilmour played this PRS?

Maybe it's his Bill Lewis guitar?

maxresdefault.jpg

Bill%20Lewis%20Guitar.jpg
I don't think so. The tuners in the OP's photo get closer together up the headstock as PRS guitars do, whereas that Bill Lewis would have them get slightly further apart.

So based on what those links say, I would think it is as simple as he picked up one of the available guitars that the "band" brought, when he joined them for "Come Together". And it happened to be a PRS. Would really like to find a front-on shot...

EDIT: forgot to quote one of the articles, which gives credence to the thought of it being a random guitar owned by an unknown-to-us musician:

"The band were made up of local professional musicians"

Last edited:
You laugh, but 20 years ago, I was at a festival to see the great bassist Michael Manring. He was accompanying a guitarist there. A buddy and I were going to give him some boots that we had of Michael Hedges, who'd died about six or seven months before that. Shortly after the exchange, we were chatting by the merch table, and a lovely young woman came up and said, "Hey - aren't you the guy who played with that other guy earlier?" Michael smiled and said he was. She said, "You were really good." Michael thanked her, and she said, "No, really. You should stick with it." Totally sincerely.

Great story, Alan...I love Manring...he and Hedges made a great team...I often think fretless bass anytime I hear acoustic guitar, mostly because of those two guys.
Thanks.

Back