Anyone see this auction?

That serial number would make it from 2002. Custom 24. Way cheap, at that price.

Means whatever the ending bid is an additional 23% will be added to the final price which sucks lol but fairly common in auctions

Can you elaborate? I've never seen that site before, but am definitely interested in a few items on there, but don't want to spend more than expected haha.

Means whatever the ending bid is an additional 23% will be added to the final price which sucks lol but fairly common in auctions
Exactly, the % varies from house to house but is almost always there from the big houses. They are up front about it, but it is really easy not to notice. Just factor it in when you set your bid limit.

Cool. And for kicks, where do they show that? Haha. I looked around the site a bit. And found info on “how it works” but never saw the added %. I’ll look again.

Also is this a site any of you have used before?

Edit: so on my phone it’s right there on the page. Buyers premium 23%. Didn’t notice it on the pc earlier.

It seems like a lot, but they have all run at 20-25% for quite a few years. Basically, you bid what you are paying the owner, and the hammer premium is the auction houses commission.

Does the seller get hit with an Auction fee as well?

Back