Anyone running a Flanger in the MT-15 Loop?

Yzerman

I get a serious volume boost when i turn on my Boss BF-2 in the loop of the MT-15... this didn't happen on my Mesa.... anyone else seeing this? If not, what Flanger are you using?

Thanks

sorry no flanger here, I do have a TC Trinity reverb , TC Flashback delay and Digitech Luxe but didn't experience any volume boost. But even though it's only 7w / 15w it was too loud when trying to practice at low volume and the volume knobs don't taper down to well (when you are at 1 you can't taper down to 1/2..it's either 1 or 0). So I hooked up a volume pedal in the loop and solved that problem. Now I can set the volume on the MT-15 to 1,2,3 etc and just come down on the volume using the pedal. So you might need a volume pedal to fine tune that overall volume you are getting.

There’s no standard output level on amplifier sends. There are lots of reasons for this, but basically, if the signal level is a bit hotter, the loop will work with both rack gear and pedals, and the signal-to-noise ratio will be a little better.

Doesn’t your flanger have a volume control?

Boss buffers can mess with the loops of some amps as well.

I forgot to mention that effects loops are the spawn of the devil. ;)

But if you buy an amp without one you can’t play the game of turning it on and off to see if it messes with your tone.

I can, and have done that with many amps. It usually lasts seven minutes before I get pissed and go watch tv instead.

Oh... and why do you want to put a flanger in the loop? It’s not like delay or reverb that gets all unusable and grungy if you you feed it into the front end of a distorted amp.

Oh... and why do you want to put a flanger in the loop? It’s not like delay or reverb that gets all unusable and grungy if you you feed it into the front end of a distorted amp.
Valid. I run my verb and delay in the loop of whatever amp I use them with. But I have one chorus flanger that stays in the loop pedal group, and one in front. I use the one in front more for flanger.

Back