Anyone playing only/mostly PRS these days??

Russ73

Since grabbing my S2 Mira almost a year ago I grabbed an S2 satin 22, a Core Custom 22, a Zach Meyers and most recently an SE custom 22 semi hollow, I find now that my strat style guitars sound thin and clanky and with my S2s I can get single coil tones and I gave up on Gibson years ago...I am actually thinking of selling another guitar to grab something off Daves used site...anyone else?? lol

I'm in the "pretty much" category...I've got a small builder SC electric in the mix and my acoustic is a non PRS (used to be my Grandfathers).

I was playing only PRS for more than a year. Just last week I got out the Strat for some blues that needed some quack. Then I also brought out the SE EG and found that it had the same quack and was easier to play. Back to only PRS...

I have two Fender electrics (Tele and a HM Strat), a Seagull Artist Folk acoustic, a PRS SE acoustic and all the PRS electrics in my sig... which is quite a few... so ya, I'm almost exclusively a PRS player these days...

I have an LP and a Tele.

The LP is on the Danish ebay.

The Tele is at Fender's, trying to get a setup without excessive buzz. When I get it back I'll either sell that or my Brent Mason sig. It's a tough choice. If I end up selling the Tele, I'll be an all PRS man. Apart from my Fender American Jag Bass.

In terms of number in my collection no, but in terms of play time I lean decidedly PRS. I have an S style and a T style that I still love to play when the mood strikes.

I'm all PRS, both electrics and my acoustic. Have been for years and years. I have no professional or artistic need for anything else.

Two of my three amps are also PRS.

I play 100% my PRS guitar(s) even if I own a custom shop Les Paul (2013) as well.
The LP has a great tone but there is something that makes me grab the PRS (Santana in particular) all the time.

I play live with just PRS elec and acoustic (and baritone) guitars. I also play a mandolin, so that is not a PRS, obviously.

In the studio I have also used a Yamaha bass and a P-Bass clone, as I don't own a PRS bass yet - still trying to figure out if a 5-string SE will be what I want to wait for - if not a Kingfisher is likely in the next year or two, or I might even pony up for a core bass.

I also play a mandolin, so that is not a PRS, obviously.

Will not completely obvious...

23bb197e2053522c03df9e6f0a4ae965.jpg

Was purely PRS for a while. Now I've got half PRS. My S2 24, an SE Angelus Custom, a US Tele, and a Sheraton (would love a PRS Hollowbody, but they're crazy expensive and the SEs/S2s just don't cut it)

For electrics, I play my PRS guitars roughly 90% of the time. I have a Tele Deluxe that occasionally gets some love.
For acoustics, I play whatever I can get my hands on (which usually happens to be my Epiphone jumbo).

A PRS is my humbucker guitar of choice but I probably play a Fender 75% of the time right now. That's due to the type of music I've been playing lately. No doubt it will change to being more PRS again down the road.

Back