Anyone play other instruments besides guitar?

jcha008

I don't know if there's another thread, but I couldn't find it. If there is one my apologies.

Was curious if any members here play any instruments besides the guitar? I believe there is a few of us that dabble in the bass I believe. I was just thinking this because growing up I was a terrible guitar player(still am), and I was much better at the drums. Used to gig a bit back in my day and I always love to play. Finally set my kit back up as it's been down when I moved to my new pad. Can tell it's been a while as the kick resos are dusty as hell.

Please share if you guys dabble in the other musical instruments! Here's a pic of said drums.

16a4oav.jpg

Only other instrument I can play is the Bass, I tried drums a couple of times and couldnt get on with it. I really want to learn to play piano but I just dont have the time.

Drums. I started out life as a drummer.
I also own a bass and a mandolin which are on the list of instruments to learn how to play... along with all the guitars I own. hahaha

Hi Yes I do play bass and dabble in mandolin and keys ( Badly ) I do a lot of recording and usually play all the instruments myself . Except drums . I would but in my studio there is no space for a drum kit ! Thank goodness for EZ drummer 2 !:D

Bass and keys/piano. Better at the latter. I have a lot of respect for good bass players - guitar players can make it passable but it takes real technique that's very different from our guitars.

I'm currently learning tenor guitar too. Four strings and a very different tuning!

16a4oav.jpg

I've often thought I should hang a speed bag over my drums, maybe from a hard flat cymbal like yours....

Nice drums, BTW. I have a vintage acoustic set from Ludwig packed safely away and a set of Roland V-Drums for everyday play.

I'd like to take some bass lessons, but I'm severely out of time. Too many interests and work keeps getting in the way.

I play some bass guitar. Would like to learn how to play piano, but would prefer to put more time to into improving on the guitar at this point. Considering acquiring a pedal of some sort (Roland GR - 55) to put some piano/keys/synth into backing tracks using my guitar.

As a kid I played clarinet, trumpet, and piano. I really can only still play the piano. I then learned and stayed with the guitar and in a cover band I played bass. I am now trying to learn banjo and I have a 3 string CBG (cigar box guitar) for slide.

I own a ukulele that I admittedly don’t know how to play very well. But it’s a fun instrument. I used to be a drummer many years ago. Drums are a lot of fun but way too loud.

Started as bassist years ago, started messing with PRSi, and now mostly back to bass again...Love my Stuart Spector 5 strings...BUT...just picked up a GG5...and yes, I am still exceptionally lame with posting photos...

Prior to picking up the guitar in 7th grade, I played two kinds of Saxophone, viola, cello, bells, snare drum, and bass drum in the school band. Later in life, I bought a drum kit and was the drummer in a band, before guitar life really took off and I rarely get to play drums any more (and my chops show my lack of practice).

I played drums before guitar and have a roland TD-6 set now. Got that so we could have band rehearsal at my house and teach my son drums. I also have a 5 string bass that I play and a PC88 Kurzweil. My key skills suck. I played trumpet in high school and I still have it, I want to get back into that sooner than later. My dad got me a 5 string banjo but I haven't tackled that yet.

Piano, organ (inc. foot pedals), harmonica, synths, accordion (I know but heck I can even play the buttons), guitar, bass, hand percussion.

Back