Anyone play other instruments besides guitar?

I played bass on the road for a few years before deciding to get a real job. Also played french horn and trombone a bit while in school. For quite a while I wrote on piano, though I was never really a piano player, it was just easier for me to transcribe from piano than guitar.
I've played other stuff for short periods, some of things I don't even know the name of.

Hmmm.... I don't play anything but the guitar anymore, but I got my start on brass. Throughout school I played trumpet (main instrument), clarinet, trombone, flute, and dabbled a bit in percussion.

I'd still like to pick up drums, been thinking about starting drum lessons, I kinda have a bet with the woman that I could become "proficient enough" in 6 months, lol.

Nice drums 008. I really like that set.

I play drums too. Also my first instrument. I just got a new set of NOS Pearl Visions, maple, red sparkle lacquer with a hint of orange. Super beautiful set. I have quite a few top end Zildjan mostly "K" and an "A" cymbals. I added eighteen and nineteen inch dark thin "K" crashes to my set and a 22 inch thinner ride. I put clear pinstripes on my new set and an Aquarian Superkick II muffled bass batter head. The set sounds great. I have it in a dedicated drum room in the house.

I have not been playing them like I should. I need to start practicing regularly. I play guitar every day for a few hours. I have started playing a lot more guitar since I retired twelve years ago and I have started collecting guitars and amps. I have upgraded my guitars with a lot of real decent models like my PRS SE's and I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Junior and stripped off the junk auto tuners and put on some nice sealed chrome Grover tuners. I'm now going to get a set of locking Grovers for it that have the locking wheels on the bottom of the tuners, on the back of the headstock. I'll put these non-locking ones on another guitar, possibly my SE Standard that has the original tuners on it but obviously had a nicer set put on and removed before the dude sold it.

So yeah, I dig the drums and have a sound system rigged up in my drum room so I can jam to music. I plug my cd player or tablet into my acoustic guitar amp's auxiliary input and it works really well. The auxiliary input has controls for volume and tone for whatever you have inputting into it. Most amps do not have volume or tone controls on the amp for the auxiliary input and you have to turn it up and down on the cd player, etc. So it works out really well, very clear and loud sound to jam to, if needed. It also works well turned down low for quiet drumming at night, etc.

Glad to see we have at least one other drummer here.

I've been getting into synths this year. Actually have an electronic solo project that I started this year using VSTS and Ableton.

I've dabbled with some hand drums, wood tongue, steel tongue and Meinl Liquid ibo, and a Meinl bongo cajon, otherwise it's been primarily guitar for the past 25 years.

Drums were my first instrument (age 8)
I'm now currently playing with 2 bands. Playing rhythm and keyboards with one. Plying lead and keyboards in the other. I also handle harmonica and banjo duties.
The downside is that I bring the most equipment to gigs. I'd love to walk in with an amp and my axe, set up and play, but right now it's just not gonna happen.
No complaints though. I'm 63 an pretty much gigging 2 to 3 weekends a month, so things are cool.

Played drums and tuba in marching band in high school. Never got the hang of playing a kit, though.

Have picked up some bass and keyboards for recording purposes.

And Theremin.

Keys, bass, melodica, percussion, and drums... although my Bangin'! clear plexiglass Zicko's kit just sits in a pile in the corner. :(

Bad rendition of keys, bass and drums for me. Have all of them, but only play them when absolutely necessary....

Piano, organ (inc. foot pedals), harmonica, synths, accordion (I know but heck I can even play the buttons), guitar, bass, hand percussion.

Aw, come on Les, you're holding out on us... You were one of the original popularizers of the Phorminx.... :)

Lapsteel and bass. I've been keeping my eyes open for a cheap pedal steel to not play country on. We'll see.

Piano and keys (I took classical piano lessons for 8 years), bass (most of my musical heroes are bassists), and of course guitar. I'd love to learn how to play drums. I might buy a Roland V-Drum kit.

Back