Anyone play other instruments besides guitar?

jcha008

I don't know if there's another thread, but I couldn't find it. If there is one my apologies.

Was curious if any members here play any instruments besides the guitar? I believe there is a few of us that dabble in the bass I believe. I was just thinking this because growing up I was a terrible guitar player(still am), and I was much better at the drums. Used to gig a bit back in my day and I always love to play. Finally set my kit back up as it's been down when I moved to my new pad. Can tell it's been a while as the kick resos are dusty as hell.

Please share if you guys dabble in the other musical instruments! Here's a pic of said drums.

16a4oav.jpg

DuncanCE22

Only other instrument I can play is the Bass, I tried drums a couple of times and couldnt get on with it. I really want to learn to play piano but I just dont have the time.

HANGAR18

Drummer With A Guitar Habit
Drums. I started out life as a drummer.
I also own a bass and a mandolin which are on the list of instruments to learn how to play... along with all the guitars I own. hahaha

Chuckblues

Hi Yes I do play bass and dabble in mandolin and keys ( Badly ) I do a lot of recording and usually play all the instruments myself . Except drums . I would but in my studio there is no space for a drum kit ! Thank goodness for EZ drummer 2 !:D

Whitecat

Goes home to Starla
Bass and keys/piano. Better at the latter. I have a lot of respect for good bass players - guitar players can make it passable but it takes real technique that's very different from our guitars.

I'm currently learning tenor guitar too. Four strings and a very different tuning!

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
16a4oav.jpg

I've often thought I should hang a speed bag over my drums, maybe from a hard flat cymbal like yours....

Nice drums, BTW. I have a vintage acoustic set from Ludwig packed safely away and a set of Roland V-Drums for everyday play.

I'd like to take some bass lessons, but I'm severely out of time. Too many interests and work keeps getting in the way.

CVS

Not so new member
I play some bass guitar. Would like to learn how to play piano, but would prefer to put more time to into improving on the guitar at this point. Considering acquiring a pedal of some sort (Roland GR - 55) to put some piano/keys/synth into backing tracks using my guitar.

AP515

Mostly Normal
As a kid I played clarinet, trumpet, and piano. I really can only still play the piano. I then learned and stayed with the guitar and in a cover band I played bass. I am now trying to learn banjo and I have a 3 string CBG (cigar box guitar) for slide.

Mr.Koozie

I own a ukulele that I admittedly don’t know how to play very well. But it’s a fun instrument. I used to be a drummer many years ago. Drums are a lot of fun but way too loud.

Bill SAS 513

Just another old guy in a T-shirt
Started as bassist years ago, started messing with PRSi, and now mostly back to bass again...Love my Stuart Spector 5 strings...BUT...just picked up a GG5...and yes, I am still exceptionally lame with posting photos...

John Beef

Opaque
Prior to picking up the guitar in 7th grade, I played two kinds of Saxophone, viola, cello, bells, snare drum, and bass drum in the school band. Later in life, I bought a drum kit and was the drummer in a band, before guitar life really took off and I rarely get to play drums any more (and my chops show my lack of practice).

gush

She said "huge bag of dibs".
I played drums before guitar and have a roland TD-6 set now. Got that so we could have band rehearsal at my house and teach my son drums. I also have a 5 string bass that I play and a PC88 Kurzweil. My key skills suck. I played trumpet in high school and I still have it, I want to get back into that sooner than later. My dad got me a 5 string banjo but I haven't tackled that yet.

LSchefman

Historical Entity
Piano, organ (inc. foot pedals), harmonica, synths, accordion (I know but heck I can even play the buttons), guitar, bass, hand percussion.