Anyone own a PRS SE One?

With your mad skillz you could easily add a tone control.
I'm keeping the Bare Knuckle P90's I put in my SE Soapbar. But I'd like to find a home for just one of the Gibson P90's that came out of that guitar.

Doesn't look like there's room for a tone control on that PRS SE One.

But I could use concentric volume/tone pots.

If I plug into the hotter microphone input of my Gibson GA20 and turn the amp way up...I can at least have a lot of fun getting close!
I felt I got pretty close back in the day with my SG Special and a Bassman fully cranked. But there was a certain nuance in the playing that I couldn't quite capture.

SE Ones are super cool. Wish that I got along with singlecuts. I took an inspiration from Hans on my old one.

dTSCsX6.jpg

I'm keeping the Bare Knuckle P90's I put in my SE Soapbar. But I'd like to find a home for just one of the Gibson P90's that came out of that guitar.

Doesn't look like there's room for a tone control on that PRS SE One.

But I could use concentric volume/tone pots.

I’m a big fan of concentric. You get the benefit of more control without changing the aesthetics of the original. The only drawback I’ve found after nearly a decade with a concentric tone control is that if you drop your git and it lands on the tone control, they will rub on each other and turn together instead of separately. So, don’t drop it.

Beautiful family.

Do they all have the same pickups or do you swap around a bit?

Can you make any of those sound like Mississippi Queen?
The sunburst has a Lollar. Frankly more or less a waste of money 'cause sthe stock pu's come very close. As Shawn already said, the SE P90's are prolly amongst the best on the market. The Korina sounds different but it would be strange if she didn't.;)

SE Ones are super cool. Wish that I got along with singlecuts. I took an inspiration from Hans on my old one.

dTSCsX6.jpg
So PRS made them with different pickups?

Sometimes a P90, sometimes a humbucker?

or have some of the guitars in this thread been modified?

I'm going to sell a couple of my SE Singlecuts now that I have the Bernie Marsden and get one of these SE One guitars and put that old Gibson P90 in it.

It's a one trick pony but it's a good trick!

A dedicated bridge pickup only guitar.

Keith Urban is a big fan of guitars with only a bridge P90.

Last edited:
Back