Anyone notice the new colors for the SE Paul's Guitar ? OMG !!!

DogPhishHead

Black Gold Burst and Faded Blue Burst ....these are two sexy finishes, totally upscaling an already killer bang of the buck instrument. Well done PRS !!!
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJndWl0YXItaW1hZ2VzL3NlLXBhdWxzLWd1aXRhci0yMDIyLWJsYWNrLWdvbGQtYnVyc3QuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo4MiwicHJvZ3Jlc3NpdmUiOnRydWUsInRyZWxsaXNRdWFudGlzYXRpb24iOnRydWUsIm92ZXJzaG9vdERlcmluZ2luZyI6dHJ1ZSwib3B0aW1pemVTY2FucyI6dHJ1ZX0sInJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MTkyMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2NjMsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn0sInNoYXJwZW4iOnRydWV9fQ==

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJndWl0YXItaW1hZ2VzL3NlLXBhdWxzLWd1aXRhci0yMDIyLWZhZGVkLWJsdWUtYnVyc3QuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo4MiwicHJvZ3Jlc3NpdmUiOnRydWUsInRyZWxsaXNRdWFudGlzYXRpb24iOnRydWUsIm92ZXJzaG9vdERlcmluZ2luZyI6dHJ1ZSwib3B0aW1pemVTY2FucyI6dHJ1ZX0sInJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MTkyMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2NjMsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn0sInNoYXJwZW4iOnRydWV9fQ==

Those are great finishes. I have a Black Gold Burst Core 35th Anniversary CU 24, and I can positively say, pictures DO NOT do that finish any justice.

I'm liking what they are doing with the top curves "Asymmetrical " they are calling it ? It can make forget about the violin curve ...

Yeah, y'know. I love the black gold pic above, the same one that's used in CME's Reverb ad. But in the actual skin, in a real-world setting...it doesn't look as plush.

(Like here at Tweed Hut Music on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/49173684-prs-se-paul-s-guitar-electric-guitar-black-gold-burst )

The black around the edges seems too sudden and stark.

I know that's only two pics to go by, and it's hard to draw a conclusion. But I sure like it better in the pro photography than in the music store snap. Most PRS guitars I've seen in person, after seeing pics, do indeed look better (though not all). So maybe black gold is a winner. There will have to be more in the wild to evaluate before concluding. I'm afraid it will be one of those colorways that sometimes works (if you get a lucky one), but not every time. That's all part of the fun of the chase, I guess - but the chase is more fun when there are more examples to choose from.

I wish PRS offered more lighter color schemes.. just sayin… so many of their colors just seem so dark..anyone else feel this way or am I just a weirdo?
You're not alone but colors are what they are, everyone likes different ones. Luckily, rare colors pop up from time to time, one just must be prepared to pounce, as req'd.:D

Is it me, or do these new SE Paul’s guitars have full size humbuckers? (Which is fine by me!
If not, they sure look wider than their Core equivalent
The SE's, afaik, have always been full size - just the core use the proprietary size.

Is it me or is there something weird going on with the wood in the cutout? It looks like multiple slabs.

Back