Anyone like the #7 pickups??

Russ73

So I was thinking I was def gonna change the bridge pup in my S2 standard but I had a chance to play it loud today through an amp jamming with the fellas and it actually sounded great?? Are my ears fooling me??

No!

I’ve got them in two guitars - although I’ll admit, I have changed one treble pickup and one bass pickup out, for some reason they just haven’t worked as a set in those guitars. But that has everything to do with the bones of the guitars, not the pickups. In the right application, fanstastic. I usually only like USA PRS pickups, but those 7’s remaining have me satisfied.

The only experience I have with the #7 pickups would be my 2000 Single Cut and i like them in that guitar. I wouldn't say they are my favorite but they sound great in that guitar. I can dial in great clean as well as dirty tones. Im not a big high gain guy but for low to medium gain I'm pleased with them.

I don't have #7 pickups in any of my guitars. I have played a friend's guitar with them in it and liked them in his guitar. I purchased guitars with 57/08s in them stock. I really like those pickups.

The pair that came in my 2000 Single Cut are sitting in a box. The bridge pickup was ok but I hated the neck pickup. But I found I did not like any of the PAF type pickups in the neck position of this guitar as all sounded muddy. The only neck pickup I really liked in this guitar (and which is still in it) is a Fralin Twangmaster.

i had 7's in an SC. neck was fine but didnt get enough umph from the bridge so i swapped it for an Aldrich

Back