Anyone like goldtops? (NGD)

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
After keeping my eye on DGTs the past year and reading great things about them, I finally pulled the trigger on a used 09 goldtop last week.

I haven't gotten to spend too much time with it yet but so far I'm very impressed by the tones I'm getting out of it and the unique feeling neck, it's also nice and light at 7.5lbs. It came strung with 10's which I'm finding maybe a little too slinky for my liking so I'm debating on going to 10.5 or 11s.

I pulled it all apart last night and cleaned it up and put on some spare creme pickup rings I had laying around as the ones that came with it were pretty faded and cracked. After the cleanup I think it looks pretty clean for an almost ten year old guitar.

Also I was wanting moons but I'm really loving the subtle look to the outline birds. Oh and these frets are big! Bending is crazy easy on this thing!

Gfwc3Go.jpg

M8URxU8.jpg

RIfTJf1.jpg

After keeping my eye on DGTs the past year and reading great things about them, I finally pulled the trigger on a used 09 goldtop last week.

I haven't gotten to spend too much time with it yet but so far I'm very impressed by the tones I'm getting out of it and the unique feeling neck, it's also nice and light at 7.5lbs. It came strung with 10's which I'm finding maybe a little too slinky for my liking so I'm debating on going to 10.5 or 11s.

I pulled it all apart last night and cleaned it up and put on some spare creme pickup rings I had laying around as the ones that came with it were pretty faded and cracked. After the cleanup I think it looks pretty clean for an almost ten year old guitar.

Also I was wanting moons but I'm really loving the subtle look to the outline birds. Oh and these frets are big! Bending is crazy easy on this thing!

Gfwc3Go.jpg

M8URxU8.jpg

RIfTJf1.jpg
I’m Gas-sing for a GT so bad at the moment! Very nice!

Having a look at the natural binding, there’s some beautiful flamed maple under that Gold Top!

Last edited:
Man, I love a goldtop with that dark stain on the back. Gives it a classy, vintage look.

Nice find!

One day I’m gonna be able to resist the figured wood temptation, and get a goldtop. There’s something about them...

i've been wanting one just like that one forever! All I can ever find are the ones with the moons, and I prefer the birds LOL

Man, I love a goldtop with that dark stain on the back. Gives it a classy, vintage look.

Nice find!

One day I’m gonna be able to resist the figured wood temptation, and get a goldtop. There’s something about them...

I constantly drool over nice figured wood but something about the DGT calls for either a goldtop or black to me. If they had made a blacktop with a natural back I would of been all over that...

I constantly drool over nice figured wood but something about the DGT calls for either a goldtop or black to me. If they had made a blacktop with a natural back I would of been all over that...
I'm still keeping an eye out for this exact finish. Even better would be a satin natural back with a gloss black top.

I don't understand why that color scheme is so difficult to find because I think it looks amazing. I once the saw a satin black 594 with a natural back but it sold before I could get to it. One of these days though...

Nice gold top.
My man Sergio found me one, but I forgot my wallet when I went to Texas.

My man, Sergio, finds me SH!t all the time. It ain't gold, but it's cheap (usually), and I can't resist! I need to pop over with some tacos to pay him off one of these days......

Gfwc3Go.jpg

M8URxU8.jpg

RIfTJf1.jpg

Dood, good find! There are two cool as f@ck DGTs, gold and antique white.

Ok, all DGTs are cool.......

Back