Anyone know how to get a Silver sky selector switch cap?

GuitarJammin

Guitar Player
My silver sky had a cracked tip when i bought it. I thought it was a seam in the plastic molding. It finally broke. I can't find one anywhere to buy. Kinda not cool to have this fall apart on a guitar of this grade, however...i'm past all that...all i want to do is get one.

So anyone know where to get one?

Isn't it the same as a normal PRS 5-way?
On the other hand if it was cracked since day one maybe PRS will send you one...

My silver sky had a cracked tip when i bought it. I thought it was a seam in the plastic molding. It finally broke. I can't find one anywhere to buy. Kinda not cool to have this fall apart on a guitar of this grade, however...i'm past all that...all i want to do is get one.

So anyone know where to get one?
Find someone else with A SS and take theirs. But you didn't hear that from me.

Just had the same issue. I bought a tungsten SS last Sat and I thought it was a seam on the switch too. I was playing it Tuesday and switched pickups and the thing fell off. I emailed CS and got a response within hrs and they’re sending me a new one. I put the old one back on and as I was playing last night, went to switch pickups again and the already cracked switch cover broke in half. No biggie, new one is coming but did PRS ever figure out what’s going on with the plastic they’re using? Seems very brittle.

Add me to the cracked switch tip club. My new SS came with a hairline cracked switch tip. I contacted PRS and got a replacement tip in a couple of days. I wonder what is causing these cracks? The crack does not originate from inside the cap where the cap connects to the switch blade. That leads me to believe that either the tips have a manufacture defect, a design defect, or the gig bags do not provide enough protection for the tip.

I have a 2018 Horizon Silver Sky and just encountered this problem, I emailed customer service and hope to get a response next week (I filed the request on the weekend). When I was trying to decide on getting a Silver Sky, the switch tip was one of the things I liked better than the Fender.

Back