Anyone here use a Headrush?

I had one for a week or so. Presets were all bad, but downloaded the artist packs and some other stuff and it was ok. I loved the board itself, so easy to use, hands free mode was excellent, the screen was so easy to see from a distance. It locked up on me a couple of times on newest firmware. I started reading how many people were having issues with usb breaking, motherboards frying, and screens dying and just sent it back. Honestly was just demo'ing it anyways. Tried Helix.....still sounded digital to me, now I'm trying to decide Kemper stage or Fractal fm3 with fc6 addon. I can't get the Kemper in Canada yet, and FM3 is a mystery as to when it'll come out. Shame the headrush has issues, and it's the same issues since launch almost 2 years back. If they haven't fixed them in 2 years....they probably aren't. Kemper Stage having issues as well. No idea what to get now.

I had one for a week or so. Presets were all bad, but downloaded the artist packs and some other stuff and it was ok. I loved the board itself, so easy to use, hands free mode was excellent, the screen was so easy to see from a distance. It locked up on me a couple of times on newest firmware. I started reading how many people were having issues with usb breaking, motherboards frying, and screens dying and just sent it back. Honestly was just demo'ing it anyways. Tried Helix.....still sounded digital to me, now I'm trying to decide Kemper stage or Fractal fm3 with fc6 addon. I can't get the Kemper in Canada yet, and FM3 is a mystery as to when it'll come out. Shame the headrush has issues, and it's the same issues since launch almost 2 years back. If they haven't fixed them in 2 years....they probably aren't. Kemper Stage having issues as well. No idea what to get now.
Kemper has a Canadian online store if you're interested. 30 day returns.

https://shop.kempermusic.com/ca/en/

still ships from Germany, I reached out to them. Long and Mcquade are the only Canadian dist. and they don't expect to get any until late November. 42 of them, for the country.

...and we just got hit by Dorian in NL, Canada and now I have house damage....bye bye fun money,

still ships from Germany, I reached out to them. Long and Mcquade are the only Canadian dist. and they don't expect to get any until late November. 42 of them, for the country.

...and we just got hit by Dorian in NL, Canada and now I have house damage....bye bye fun money,
Dayum... All the best from the west. Priorities I guess. Stay safe!

So back to the Headrush... I think even the new one is going back. I'm afraid that their support isn't really going to support it long term. Too many widespread problems with no fixes.

I own 2 good tube amps, but I'm very happy with the Helix LT so far. I think it sounds great. Downloaded a couple professionally made patches, and they're AWESOME. Still figuring out the interface and everything, and since it has a million options, that's going to take a while, but it seems to fit my needs.

I own 2 good tube amps, but I'm very happy with the Helix LT so far. I think it sounds great. Downloaded a couple professionally made patches, and they're AWESOME. Still figuring out the interface and everything, and since it has a million options, that's going to take a while, but it seems to fit my needs.

Cool. I found the Helix to be a game changer in my life. I, too, had some killer amps when I got it. I did eventually sell all of them but one - however, I did buy two tube amps earlier this year for situations where people are "anti-modeling". I find the Helix to provide me with very realistic tones, and it did not take me too long to "model" the live rig I was using when I got the Helix. Enjoy!!

I just heard a buddy’s band where the lead player used a Helix. To be honest, I thought that in a live setting in a smaller venue, it was pretty cool.

Smaller venue being kinda key here, but I’m not exactly being asked to play festivals any more.

“You were never asked to play festival gigs.”

“OK, I did A festival once in 1970, and who the heck asked you, anyway?”

I mean, the things complete strangers will say on the internet!! :rolleyes:

GASP!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p

I know, but at least I’m always gonna tell it like I hear it, right? If it sounds good, then I’m good with it.

The fact that my friend is also a phenomenal player doesn’t hurt. He did tweak the various models. But as I said, it was a small venue, and the Helix was just about the right volume to fill the space without being problematic. I think he used various IRs with it.

Bottom line, though, is that he sounded good. I didn’t go OMIGOD MUST HAVE, but I fully respected his tone.

Back