Anyone here use a Headrush?

Solteroblues

Just curious, I bought one the other day, and I'm having fun with it. Oddly enough, it seems to sound best when I play my CU24... not that my other guitars sound bad, but that one sounds best... and I like my 594 through a tube amp the best.

I’ve had some issues with firmware, so I’m getting a new one today. If this one has problems I’ll probably go Helix LT.

I’ve had some issues with firmware, so I’m getting a new one today. If this one has problems I’ll probably go Helix LT.

If you end up going Helix, and you can swing it, go the full-fledged Helix route. It's amazing just how useful the "scribble strip" displays above each footswitch have turned out to be.

I have been using the Helix Rack since it was introduced. It really has been the single greatest piece of gear I have ever purchased. Live, in the studio, just fooling around...it delivers whatever type of tones I want in the moment. The effects are awesome, and it's a tool that you can grow into.

I'll second what goat-n-gitter said, if you go Helix, just go full-on Helix. I got the LT when it came out as a back-up to my rack. First thing I missed was the scribble strips. Plus, full Helix can integrate more of your already existing gear easier than the LT. While the tone was identical, I ended up returning the LT and realized that the likelihood of needing a back-up to my rack was probably pretty slim...

LOL, I just bought the Helix LT today. I also got my replacement Headrush back today. I'm going to live with both for a little bit and see which I like best. I started this journey with a used Headrush, which was more than I WANTED to spend, now I own two of something that was more than I wanted to spend HAHA. I don't really want to pay the cost of the full blown Helix, although the scribble strips are a huge selling point on the Headrush. The full Helix is over twice what I wanted to spend on a modeler in the first place. Heck, I nearly just went with the Stomp, and even that was a little costly for what I do. I mean if I didn't already have two really nice tube amps, it may be different. I just like the idea of being able to click a button and go from completely clean to a full on heavy metal, delayed, chorused, reverbed, mess in a second.

I just like the idea of being able to click a button and go from completely clean to a full on heavy metal, delayed, chorused, reverbed, mess in a second.

That’s part of the reason I can’t yank the antiquated Zoom MS50g’s off my board.

It's why I went Kemper as well. Tones from any amp you can think of, and today I bought these profiles...

That's going to keep me busy tonight and on the weekend.

The scribble strips on the Helix is a great idea. I can still see what I'm doing on the Kemper, but scribble strips are cool!
Mine’s in offsite storage at the moment - I might have to buy these DG30 profiles blind though!

Mine’s in offsite storage at the moment - I might have to buy these DG30 profiles blind though!
Ran through the profiles with the Silver Sky. Nice.
The MEAT really comes out with the P22. I like it. Lots of brightness on tap, and some great low end as well. There's definitely no blanket over the speaker. There's some kickass feedback available with lots of gain.
I'll try the soapy later.

It's why I went Kemper as well. Tones from any amp you can think of, and today I bought these profiles...

That's going to keep me busy tonight and on the weekend.

The scribble strips on the Helix is a great idea. I can still see what I'm doing on the Kemper, but scribble strips are cool!

Glorious!

Just curious, I bought one the other day, and I'm having fun with it. Oddly enough, it seems to sound best when I play my CU24... not that my other guitars sound bad, but that one sounds best... and I like my 594 through a tube amp the best.

I gig with the Headrush board and 2 FRFR-112s. Great setup.

I also use 2 FRFR-108s at home with my Kemper.

So really quick, premature observations...

I like the sounds out of the Helix better than the HeadRush out of the box. I like that there’s so much more with Helix, more patches, models, user base, support, etc...

So far I absolutely hate the interface of the Helix. It’s so convoluted and complex compared to the HeadRush. Not intuitive at all. I really don’t even have a good grasp of how to edit anything on it yet, though i haven’t had a LOT of time with it. I also don’t like that it doesn’t have a normal aux in so I can plug in backing tracks straight from my phone. You either have to have the iPhone camera connection kit or plug up your laptop.

Ran through the profiles with the Silver Sky. Nice.
The MEAT really comes out with the P22. I like it. Lots of brightness on tap, and some great low end as well. There's definitely no blanket over the speaker. There's some kickass feedback available with lots of gain.
I'll try the soapy later.
I bought the pack today- not sure when I’ll get to load them into the toaster though!

I got an HX Stomp a few weeks ago. Im a tube amp guy (Friedman / Marshall) but find that the size of this is so useful for certain situations.

Also great back up rig for gigs.

Back