Anyone have a Singlecut 10-Top Semi-Hollow?

banditcosmo

Chuck Levin's has a few of these and they seem to be one of the least expensive core PRS's that I've seen besides the CE24's.
I've never seen this model before. Semi-hollow without an F hole. One has Series 7 pickups which I've not heard of and the other one has 58/15 pickups.
What's everyone thoughts on these? I'm looking for a new core that is under 3 and these fit that and I do like singlecut's and I would think they would be lighter being that they are semi-hollow.
Maybe these are special order models as I don't seem the on the PRS web site?

cizhu0ts15le1ndowjoa.jpg

I don’t have one, but they’re cool and sound excellent. It’s not a current model, which is why it’s not on the PRS site and is available at a reduced price.

That shouldn’t dissuade you from getting one. Super-nice guitars.

Chuck Levin's has a few of these and they seem to be one of the least expensive core PRS's that I've seen besides the CE24's.
I've never seen this model before. Semi-hollow without an F hole. One has Series 7 pickups which I've not heard of and the other one has 58/15 pickups.
What's everyone thoughts on these? I'm looking for a new core that is under 3 and these fit that and I do like singlecut's and I would think they would be lighter being that they are semi-hollow.
Maybe these are special order models as I don't seem the on the PRS web site?

cizhu0ts15le1ndowjoa.jpg
Is the F hole of the back? How do they make it semi-hollow without a hole?

Every once in a while it seems they clean strange and unique things out of the factory. For instance, there were a couple of 2017 Singlecut Trems (long discontinued model). My CU22 purportedly (refuted by PRS cust serv) has a Pattern Vintage neck profile (which you can't get outside of the 594) and sat around for months before Righteous Guitars snapped it up and resold to me. And I haven't found out where the heck the West St Limited (a run in what, 2008?) we helped procure for Sergio came from.

These are funny because the serial numbers put them at end of '06 - start of '07, so that means they've been at least mostly complete for a long time. #7 pickups were the norm on Singlecuts at the time. On the WMC site, the one with 58/15 says it was upgraded by PRS and also includes the 7's. Even though they're new, they're old stock, so they're priced like it's 2007.

Prototypes? Demos? Cancelled models? Made for artists, but didn't deliver for one reason or another? Overage from limited runs? Who knows. But if you like it and want something a little special, go for it!

Every once in a while it seems they clean strange and unique things out of the factory. For instance, there were a couple of 2017 Singlecut Trems (long discontinued model). My CU22 purportedly (refuted by PRS cust serv) has a Pattern Vintage neck profile (which you can't get outside of the 594) and sat around for months before Righteous Guitars snapped it up and resold to me. And I haven't found out where the heck the West St Limited (a run in what, 2008?) we helped procure for Sergio came from.

These are funny because the serial numbers put them at end of '06 - start of '07, so that means they've been at least mostly complete for a long time. #7 pickups were the norm on Singlecuts at the time. On the WMC site, the one with 58/15 says it was upgraded by PRS and also includes the 7's. Even though they're new, they're old stock, so they're priced like it's 2007.

Prototypes? Demos? Cancelled models? Made for artists, but didn't deliver for one reason or another? Overage from limited runs? Who knows. But if you like it and want something a little special, go for it!

It makes you wonder why they've not sold for close to 10 years?

I had one a couple years. Like you wanted, a little lighter than solid body since it's chambered. There actually used to be an xray of the inside cutouts on the old Birds and Moons site. The tops were very nice and the the 7's sounded fine. Fairly resonant. Did they tell you the board is Braz which it is. This was a special run that a couple stores got in on called the semi hollow single cuts w brazilian board. Good luck if you pick one up.

I had one a couple years. Like you wanted, a little lighter than solid body since it's chambered. There actually used to be an xray of the inside cutouts on the old Birds and Moons site. The tops were very nice and the the 7's sounded fine. Fairly resonant. Did they tell you the board is Braz which it is. This was a special run that a couple stores got in on called the semi hollow single cuts w brazilian board. Good luck if you pick one up.

Ah, good info. If they're brazilian boards they might've gotten held up like that big batch of NOS McCarty Korina models from a few years back.

It makes you wonder why they've not sold for close to 10 years?

They have so many guitars in stock, it gets easy for a few to get overlooked down in the basement...

You wouldn't believe some of the things they've found down there over the years...

They have so many guitars in stock, it gets easy for a few to get overlooked down in the basement...

You wouldn't believe some of the things they've found down there over the years...

I've heard that about WMC before. It's possible these were part of the aforementioned limited run and forgotten about. I want to scold them for poor inventory management, but at the same time I want to go down there and dig around for treasure!

I've heard that about WMC before. It's possible these were part of the aforementioned limited run and forgotten about. I want to scold them for poor inventory management, but at the same time I want to go down there and dig around for treasure!

Preach! I'd love to go all Indiana Jones in the depths!

There were 90 of them made, 30 each for Martin Music, Chuck Levin's, and Magdon Music. They hit the streets in early '07 and the ones at Chuck's are a great deal.

They don't have Brazilian boards, one that Eric got did, it was an extra in the run. I bought one when they came out and still have it. Mine is a violin amber burst. I played about 8 of them at Martin Music when I bought mine, including the BRW one, though I didn't buy that one.

They came with 7s...I had those swapped for 57/08s at the ptc a couple of years later.

It fit a nice spot between my HB1 and my 20th singlecut.

There were 90 of them made, 30 each for Martin Music, Chuck Levin's, and Magdon Music. They hit the streets in early '07 and the ones at Chuck's are a great deal.

They don't have Brazilian boards, one that Eric got did, it was an extra in the run. I bought one when they came out and still have it. Mine is a violin amber burst. I played about 8 of them at Martin Music when I bought mine, including the BRW one, though I didn't buy that one.

They came with 7s...I had those swapped for 57/08s at the ptc a couple of years later.

It fit a nice spot between my HB1 and my 20th singlecut.

I bought mine new from Chucks. I had about 80 to choose from at the time that I spent about 3 days cherry picking through. I chose Cherry burst with great flame. I also changed to 5708's with the PRS pickup swap offer. These were advertised as Braz boards and part of my selection criteria was which board I liked the best. Mine was all wavy and beautiful. Getting old but not that old to remember these had Braz boards. I traded mine plus a bunch of cash for an Employee Santana with a full on Braz neck. You most likely will have a nice surprise if you still have yours and do a little more digging and researching on these. I have many PRS' and have grabbed up braz neck ones especially over the last 23 years and my sc semihollow board was within the top 10% for figuring as compared to any wood in my stable.

Last edited:
Back