Anyone have a Singlecut 10-Top Semi-Hollow?

It makes you wonder why they've not sold for close to 10 years?
The basement in WMC is legendary for being a disorganized mess. It's not at all unusual for them to "discover" a guitar that's been downstairs Ina temperature and humidity controlled environment for 6 to 15 years. The stories are amazing, and many times the guitars are as well. Consider these pieces to be time capsule.

I bought mine new from Chucks. I had about 80 to choose from at the time that I spent about 3 days cherry picking through. I chose Cherry burst with great flame. I also changed to 5708's with the PRS pickup swap offer. These were advertised as Braz boards and part of my selection criteria was which board I liked the best. Mine was all wavy and beautiful. Getting old but not that old to remember these had Braz boards. I traded mine plus a bunch of cash for an Employee Santana with a full on Braz neck. You most likely will have a nice surprise if you still have yours and do a little more digging and researching on these. I have many PRS' and have grabbed up braz neck ones especially over the last 23 years and my sc semihollow board was within the top 10% for figuring as compared to any wood in my stable.

I was wrong...it is a Braz board. So, that means that the guitar has actually sounded even more amazing than I thought all these years! :)

I was talking to Carlos (from WMC) @ the Experience, and he told me they are making a concerted effort to rotate that stock out of there...

Might be some deals to be had...

Not exactly what your looking for, but it kinda fits. Singlecut, 10 top, and semi-hollow!

qjslBJR.jpg

AlWNmcY.jpg

Hi. I purchased one in 2008 at Chuck Levins. Is a “whale blue” guitar. I love this guitar, but it has sort of "life of its own", with days where it is indomitable and others where it is stellar. It does indeed have a Brazilian fretboard, and only 90 units were manufactured. Mine has a defect in the coloring below the tone buttons, it appeared 5 years ago. It has everything original except the strings. I want to give my subjective opinion about the camera without "f": it produces a feedback or resonance effect that causes a kind of unwanted harmonic distortion and this forces me to set the guitar volume below 7 or 8 so as not to perceive it. But their #7 pickups have a very beautiful sound to me.
It will put some pictures later.

Back