Anyone have a reco for a safe and sturdy bag for a 594 HB II?

dilznik

I want to have my cake and eat it, too. The only reason I don't use my HB all the time is it's a drag carrying a case. My hands are already full with my amp and pedalboard. Anyone have a case they'd trust for the job?

Everyone's different, but mine goes to practice or gigs in a Reunion Blues double electric bag along with whatever other guitar I take.
I typically put the 594 HB in the top half.
I am the one in constant control of it... putting it in/out of the car and in/out of venue though. If I were to be in a position of having to trust others I'd use a hard case.

Everyone's different, but mine goes to practice or gigs in a Reunion Blues double electric bag along with whatever other guitar I take.
I typically put the 594 HB in the top half.
I am the one in constant control of it... putting it in/out of the car and in/out of venue though. If I were to be in a position of having to trust others I'd use a hard case.
I’m too lazy to look it up, can you ballpark the thickness? It might be good for me to take two guitars on vacation. I recently gave away my gig bag without considering the consequences - I figured the kid should have a case for the guitar I gave him.

I asked the same thing last year for one of my wood library 594, and landed on a reunion blues bag:

Pricey but very sturdy, minimal
Footprint, suitable storage, neck support, and modular backpack straps.

I’m too lazy to look it up, can you ballpark the thickness? It might be good for me to take two guitars on vacation. I recently gave away my gig bag without considering the consequences - I figured the kid should have a case for the guitar I gave him.
I'm guessing a little less than 1/2" thickness on the top cover.
Maybe the lower half would provide more protection, but I just felt that the extra weight of another guitar on top was/is the lesser of two possible evils.
The HB is such a solidly/well built guitar I'm just not too worried about it.

Wouldn’t worry about it if you’re not flying. It has a sort of exoskeleton that makes it quite rigid without being cumbersome to carry.

I want to have my cake and eat it, too. The only reason I don't use my HB all the time is it's a drag carrying a case. My hands are already full with my amp and pedalboard. Anyone have a case they'd trust for the job?
These days I'd go with the Reunion Blues or the Mono, though from inspecting both I'd say the Reunion Blues seemed a little stiffer in the top, which may or may not be extra protection - I dunno, because I don't throw my guitars off roofs!

Several years ago I got one of the Incase bags the Fender Mayer guitars came in; I only bought the bag, not the guitar. Of all the gig bags I've ever tried - I've had some good ones - I thought the Mayer bag was the best, but it's no longer made.

However, I used it with a CU22 Soapbar, and I don't know if it's deep enough for the HBII. It's important to test-fit the actual bag.

Every time I have had cake, I have insisted on eating it! That said, I have a Reunion Blues bag I purchased when I picked up a cheap Gretch last year and I thought it was a bit overpriced. I inspected a Mono bag that a friend bought recently and I was impressed. Seemed better padded, better zippers and IMO had better pocket storage options than the RB bag I had picked up and was only about $20 more. I would trust my 594 HBII in either of them with the caveat that "my guitar is in a bag, not a case". No matter how good the bag is, your guitar is in a padded bag, not a solid case so certain protocols should be in place for such situations which you of course know! Best of luck and be sure to give us a report on what you get and what you think!

Every time I have had cake, I have insisted on eating it! That said, I have a Reunion Blues bag I purchased when I picked up a cheap Gretch last year and I thought it was a bit overpriced. I inspected a Mono bag that a friend bought recently and I was impressed. Seemed better padded, better zippers and IMO had better pocket storage options than the RB bag I had picked up and was only about $20 more. I would trust my 594 HBII in either of them with the caveat that "my guitar is in a bag, not a case". No matter how good the bag is, your guitar is in a padded bag, not a solid case so certain protocols should be in place for such situations which you of course know! Best of luck and be sure to give us a report on what you get and what you think!

Yeah I’ve only ever looked at it for a few seconds.;)

I like Mono bags. I put mine in a
I have the Tiesco (?) version of this. Got it for my CU24 semi hollow. I was worried that the HB is more fragile but maybe it’s not?

Back