Anyone Have $35K Lying Around?

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
disogvqnbwtrturmx0a6.jpg

IT'S FOR SALE APPARENTLY...

https://reverb.com/item/290208-1977-prs-pre-factory-guitar-natural

Lefty birds on a guitar that was originally right-handed? I doubt that. More likely that it was a lefty to start with, converted to right-handed at some point in its life, and then restored (sort of). I dig the pre-factory guitars just as much as the next guy but that guitar has some issues that will make it hard to justify in the 5-digit range. That's just my opinion, of course. I'm sure it will sell. It is a cool piece of history, no doubt.

There are dark spots in the wood at the ends of the wings on the 12th fret bird. Maybe it originally had dots?

Would love to see more pics and read that letter. Interesting history to that guitar.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;168628 said:
Lefty birds on a guitar that was originally right-handed? I doubt that. More likely that it was a lefty to start with, converted to right-handed at some point in its life, and then restored (sort of). I dig the pre-factory guitars just as much as the next guy but that guitar has some issues that will make it hard to justify in the 5-digit range. That's just my opinion, of course. I'm sure it will sell. It is a cool piece of history, no doubt.

Good eye Hanso!!

Maybe Paul hadn't made lefty birds yet. No idea. Cool to wonder. History is fun!

Really? $35,000 for the guitar and I STILL have to pay $65 for shipping?

Forget it.. I'm out.

Back