Anyone Going to the PRS Event at John Mann's Guitar Vault?

FL is a bit too far away, but I'd like to. I went to one that was local here last year and it was "ok" - Bryan Ewald did the best he could but the guests and the store were kind of lame....

What's up guys. I'm definitely going to this. I made the reservation and I'm blowing off my night job. What do I say to Paul if I get a chance to talk to him?

*Btw, it's completely luck that it's so close. This is like 15 minute drive for me. :)

-k

See you all tonight,

Dirty, Kdogg, say Hi
I’ll have a black guitar vault shirt on and I look somewhat like my avatar.
Hope to see you there. I won't have a Gibson shirt on. ;) (not that I own one!) I'll be the tall bald guy with the funny accent.

What’s up guys. Sorry I didn’t see your replies till now. Ive been in the field a ton lately. But... I was able to be there tonight. It was a really cool setup but a lot of people for a small place. Still a much smaller group than I expected. Tons of really nice guitars in the display room right?! It was a great event but I do feel a little bad that I don’t have the cash right now to pick up a new PRS just yet. Paul was a lot taller than I thought he’d be. :)

-k

Yeah, John really packs the venue, which is offsite from the vault.
He wouldn’t have been able to fit everyone in there.
That’s the most people I’ve seen in the few years that I have been attending his clinics.

It was cool to see YouTube personality “Nick in the states” there as well. I chatted with him for a bit while we waited in line to have Paul sign some stuff. He had a really nice McCarty, and his buddy had a killer ME Quattro.

There were some great guitars on display,
I got to play a 594 hollowbody, which is what I have on order with John currently. Makes waiting even harder now that I have played one in person.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the SE Paul’s guitar.
It is definitely the closest they have come to a core feel in the SE range.
If you told me that it was an S2, I wouldn’t question it, and it has nicer birds!

My wife was with me, and she was really pushing me to buy something. She was almost daring me to buy the used Private Stock McCarty Trem with dragon's breath top - everything was so perfect about that guitar - korina neck, McCarty with trem, 59/09's, toggle switch, my all-time favorite finish, etc, etc...
https://cdn3.volusion.com/pmdks.gweyh/v/vspfiles/photos/208035-2T.jpg?v-cache=1562586813

But common sense prevailed and I said no way (ok, everyone line up to smack me :D). Other than a gold-top DGT, nothing really caught my eye. The next PRS I buy is going to be an old CE24, and I knew I wasn't going to find that at the Guitar Vault.

A really fun evening. Boscoe is one soulful player! And really nice chatting with Paul - he has quite a different personality one-on-one, compared to when he's on a stage - a real privilege to meet him. And he had a fun story for my wife, who is a classically trained and performing musician (opera singer), about seeing a Wagner opera in Germany with his wife.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great night. Boscoe was with him when he was in Chicago back in March. Funny as heck, and a great player.

That PS would have been hard to pass on. That thing is ridiculously hot!

Back