Anyone experience PRS \Metal/ Treble Bridge pickup?

Wicked_Tone

First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I'm a new forum member and this is my first post. I recently purchased a new 2018 SE 245 and although I enjoy the stock neck pickup, I felt the need for a hotter, bigger sounding bridge pickup for this guitar. I tried a Seymour Duncan JB and it sounded good, but still not quite the sound I was looking for. So I took a chance today and ordered a PRS \Metal/ bridge pickup with metal cover from Sweetwater as a demo. I've read a few reviews, but there isn't too much talked about on this particular pickup series. I'm just curious to know if anyone has any experience with this pickup model?

I also own a 2001 McCarty Standard all mahogany with stock McCarty pickups that I love and a 2016 S2 Standard 24 Satin that I upgraded the pickups to a Dean DMT Michael Schenker Lights Out neck and Seymour Duncan, Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor bridge pickup. The S2 was my first PRS. The other two I purchased in February of 2019 off of Reverb. The S2 converted me quickly into a PRS fan.

It's a great pickup that sounds huge and doesn't lose clarity across all the strings in full chords with high gain. It's also dynamic as you roll the volume knob back. I have the uncovered version in 2 PRS guitars.

Last edited:
I had a set in a Santana. I agree with V on how they sound. Great pickup. Definitely versatile enough for more than Metal.

I had a,set a while back. The most balanced pickups I've ever heard. It's hard to get them into muddy territory

It's a great pickup that sounds huge and doesn't lose clarity across all the strings in full chords with high gain. It's also dynamic as you roll the volume knob back. I have the uncovered version in 2 PRS guitars.

Wow! Sounds killer! That big, aggressive character is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks for the video clip!

I really appreciate everyone's response and I'm excited to install the pickup when it comes in. :cool:

Anxious to hear what you think when you install it. And a tip of the hat to Shawn for driving this pickup!

Saw some YouTubes on it.

Honestly, as long as it says PRS, it's fine. Acoustics, electrics, amps, accessories, clothes, gear, cases, straps, etc

Sorry for the delay with my update. I received the pickup Thursday last week and installed it. My first impression is that the pickup has a full, fat, tight sound with great note clarity. I tweaked the pickup height enough that it has a great punch and excellent detail to notes when played with gain through the red channel of my Marshall DSL 20HR. I am very impressed with how clear and aggressive sounding the \Metal/ pickup is. I spent the rest of the past weekend getting acquainted with the pickup through my Marshall and it simply brings a smile to my face. I definitely see how effective the volume control works with this pickup, as it really gives you a variety of tones from a nice dirty clean all the way to scorching leads. I'll have to see about making a video to capture the sound I'm getting for others to hear.

Sorry for the delay with my update. I received the pickup Thursday last week and installed it. My first impression is that the pickup has a full, fat, tight sound with great note clarity. I tweaked the pickup height enough that it has a great punch and excellent detail to notes when played with gain through the red channel of my Marshall DSL 20HR. I am very impressed with how clear and aggressive sounding the \Metal/ pickup is. I spent the rest of the past weekend getting acquainted with the pickup through my Marshall and it simply brings a smile to my face. I definitely see how effective the volume control works with this pickup, as it really gives you a variety of tones from a nice dirty clean all the way to scorching leads. I'll have to see about making a video to capture the sound I'm getting for others to hear.

Glad to hear it! Er... Glad to read it!

Anything \m/ has to be badass. It's the law.

Back