Anyone ever give their PRS a complete makeover?

TLOPband

I traded in a Line 6 Variax for a used Mira S2. Whoever had it before me obviously didn't take care of it. I had one of the core models a while ago and always regretted selling it because I haven't seen another one for sale since. This S2 was in a godawful red color that almost looked pinkish. I stripped it down to the bare wood and polyurethaned it burgundy, put some pickup covers on it and wired both pickups to split independently. Now it's my favorite guitar

Last edited:
I did on this Santana. Well, the PTC did. The back finish change is obvious. The pickups went from Santana to Narrowfield mounted in custom made ebony pick up rings (the NFs and rings were compliments of @helmi).

KqGVypj.jpg

tiSyJFO.jpg

ecQw67i.jpg

9lH9DzK.jpg

This is the only one I've sanded down and refinished. But most of my SEs I've rewired or put new pickups in

I bought this Tremonti a while back. Pics make it look much better than it was. It had several major paint chips. And just basically looked worn. The electronics were in rough shape also.

Sent it back to PRS to have it redone. They knocked it out of the park!!!

mE9w0M0.jpg

saY2xSg.jpg

MG7VQyL.jpg

C2RetA5.jpg

Ur49uOi.jpg

after

GE4jy6P.jpg

WXE0pOH.jpg

iFUsbxo.jpg

EwmfmYM.jpg

W8bI62p.jpg

WIC3Y9e.jpg
Killer!

I bought this Tremonti a while back. Pics make it look much better than it was. It had several major paint chips. And just basically looked worn. The electronics were in rough shape also.

mE9w0M0.jpg

saY2xSg.jpg

MG7VQyL.jpg

C2RetA5.jpg

Ur49uOi.jpg

after

GE4jy6P.jpg

WXE0pOH.jpg

iFUsbxo.jpg

EwmfmYM.jpg

W8bI62p.jpg

WIC3Y9e.jpg
They'll refinish guitars for you?? Did not know that!

mE9w0M0.jpg

saY2xSg.jpg

MG7VQyL.jpg

C2RetA5.jpg

Ur49uOi.jpg

after

GE4jy6P.jpg

WXE0pOH.jpg

iFUsbxo.jpg

EwmfmYM.jpg

W8bI62p.jpg

WIC3Y9e.jpg