Anyone ever give their PRS a complete makeover?

I traded in a Line 6 Variax for a used Mira S2. Whoever had it before me obviously didn't take care of it. I had one of the core models a while ago and always regretted selling it because I haven't seen another one for sale since. This S2 was in a godawful red color that almost looked pinkish. I stripped it down to the bare wood and polyurethaned it burgundy, put some pickup covers on it and wired both pickups to split independently. Now it's my favorite guitar
I like it.

Update on the Mira. Restrained it and added a p90. 3 way blade switch + two 3 way minitoggles for split/series/parallel + 7 way varitone with a bypass switch + p90 with independent volume and push/push bypass to dail in whenever should equal 182 tones if I did the math right
Owner!

One last update on the "FrankenMira"

I built my own pickguard to include the Varitone and its bypass, then completely rewired the entire guitar and swapped the p90 for a minihumbucker in the middle. So each minitoggle on the right hand side splits the corresponding pickup, the minitoggle below the 5 way blade switch turns the bridge humbucker on constant so you can get the neck and bridge together or all three together in position 4 (then split them all whatever combination you want), then ran the hot output wire into a 6 way Varitone (with its own bypass minitoggle so you can shut it off without dialing it back to zero) on the way to the output jack. The final count for tones is 120 tones (swapped the 8 way varitone for a 6 way, and replaced the 3 way minitoggles from series/parallel/split to 2 ways that just split), plus another output jack that runs a piezo mic (will be installing the separate jack onto the pickguard). Other than maybe restaining it sometime, I think this guitar has been through enough lol

Last edited:
This is the only one I've sanded down and refinished. But most of my SEs I've rewired or put new pickups in
Me too. All three of my Korean Singlecuts now have Duncan USA pickups.

The Korean humbucking pickups are not worth owning.

But i've never stripped and refinished any PRS.

I don't hack guitars and do that kind of crazy stuff anymore.

:D

I traded in a Line 6 Variax for a used Mira S2. Whoever had it before me obviously didn't take care of it. I had one of the core models a while ago and always regretted selling it because I haven't seen another one for sale since. This S2 was in a godawful red color that almost looked pinkish. I stripped it down to the bare wood and polyurethaned it burgundy, put some pickup covers on it and wired both pickups to split independently. Now it's my favorite guitar
NICE!! Why yes, I have a few times...

Back