Anyone else here...

Kemper with 2 Kabinets here.
How do you like the Axe?

Love the Axe III !!! I used to have the Kemper in various forms for a few years. I said goodbye to the final version (Stage) once I got the Axe FX III and built my gigging presets. Kept Helix as a backup and quick church rig. Play the Axe III for secular gigs.

I will say that with the latest Cygnus firmware versions that the Axe FX III now makes me not really care to turn on a tube amp other than a rare wake the neighbors up tirade. LoL! I'm very open minded about brands and have lots of good things to say about both Kemper and Line 6 Helix. However, if I could have only one it would hands down be an Axe FX III with an FC-12 controller!

I am by no means a Fractal (nor any brand) snob at all. You can make great music with any of them, but in my small minded little opinion, Axe III is the best I've played through at this moment in time. I still bet that Kemper rig with dual Kabinets is killer, though!!!

Yes, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big 3, or maybe even the newcomer, the QC. Was a tough choice for me when I bought the Kemper almost 2 years ago.

I finally got my Kabinet a couple months ago and it absolutely elevated the Kemper experience to a whole new level, the speaker imprints are mind blowing! Have yet to play through any Axe stuff but I'm sure I would love it!

Ain't options grand?!

Yes, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big 3, or maybe even the newcomer, the QC. Was a tough choice for me when I bought the Kemper almost 2 years ago.

I finally got my Kabinet a couple months ago and it absolutely elevated the Kemper experience to a whole new level, the speaker imprints are mind blowing! Have yet to play through any Axe stuff but I'm sure I would love it!

Ain't options grand?!
I've got a Powered Kabinet on the way. Looking forward to it!

Yes, been gigging a III since they came out. I’ve used their gear live since 2011, including the Ultra, II, II XL+, AX8, and now the III. Honestly, I could probably still be on the Ultra but all of the other innovations, along with the upgrades to the models and what you could do with them, made the upgrades worth it. It’s a business expense, and the resale on the previous model was always excellent.

The sound, function, continuous support and free firmware additions are unmatched. Fractal Audio Systems is a great example of how connected and responsive a company can be with its musician base.

We live in a great time, when you can have the best tube amps and and the best modelers and use them as best suits the music and gig, individually or together. It’s a blessing.

Axe III is amazing. I have the MK1 version for 3 years since that one was released. It has been very reliable and with updates has continued to get better and better each year. I recently sold it and got the MKII version. Also fantastic!

I go between it and my HK Triamp MKIII. Truly an amazing sounding amp. Some days I prefer the AxeIII and others the amp.
It is so easy to get great recorded tones from the Axe.

I have had a couple of Kempers over the years since they first came out. 1 toaster, 1 powered rack. Not at all a fan. I had issues with 2 of them. They are good units regardless because there are many people using them with great reliability. I was just unlucky with mine.

Had a Helix Rack when it came out and it was really nice but it took them until the latest update to really get the unit sounding great.

It is fantastic to have all of these great choices!

Back