Anyone change their pickup rings on a Special 22 SH?

jazzgtrl4

Looking at changing out the pickup rings to some wood ones...cocobolo, or rosewood on this guitar. Anyone have any pics? just trying to get an idea.

The biggest challenge I see is getting a narrow field ring in wood. I think you would likely need to send it off to someone. Other than that I’m all for it! I love the rosewood rings on my CU24

From black plastic to curly maple. Not so curly after all, but cool looking.

maple%2Brings2.jpg

maple%2Brings%2B3.jpg

Looks cool ViperDoc!

I noticed you flipped your neck pup back around to the normal position. Was that intentional? If so, noticeable change in full or tapped positions?

Thanks for the pic Doc. looks great. thats where i was looking on reverb. Guilford Pickup rings has them or can make them..just cant decide if i should go with Cocobolo or Rosewood on my Trampas green

Looks cool ViperDoc!

I noticed you flipped your neck pup back around to the normal position. Was that intentional? If so, noticeable change in full or tapped positions?
HAH, that's an old pic. I put it back in "correctly" to find the neckflip situation later, and then I put it back the way it should be. The things we do for vanity!

If I can find a black or better yet ebony narrow field ring I going to try a change :) I have a set of ebony PRS rings already

If I can find a black or better yet ebony narrow field ring I going to try a change :) I have a set of ebony PRS rings already

Call Customer Service. A couple of years ago when I was blacking out my Studio PRS didn’t offer them in the store. I called and asked if I could buy a pair of black NF rings, and they sold me a set.

Back