Anyone catch the SE Bass on the Today Show?

hoofarted

Sparty On
Just saw this on the Today Show. Ingrid Michaelson was the musical guest, her bass player has what appears to be an SE Bass. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, had to snap in the moment! I can't quite read the model name on the headstock, but "SE" is quite clear. Looks like a J-Bass type. Looks awesome!

photo1_zpsc4a2a7f5.jpg

photo3_zps1ddbf482.jpg

photo2_zps7feb5c58.jpg

I'd like the body shape to be more like the core guitars. or the Grainger bass. No pickguard either.

Cool find though! We knew it would happen eventually.

"Kestrel." It's a bird.

It looks great to me. I'd be all over it if it had a maple body like the Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz. Probably ash or alder, though. Sure hope it's not mahogany.

Wait... is this a prototype or something that was produced in the past?

Nothing I've ever seen in production. Gotta be a prototype or an upcoming model. Mind you, we've seen it before in this thread.

I would like to see one built like the Grainger with active/passive pickups, blend control for the pickups, no pickguard, etc.
I would buy one today if offered.

The closest thing is the G&L Tribute M2000, M2500 made in the same factory as the SE line.

The electronics of what we may or may not be talking about have been honed to perfection after a long period of adjusting - the low end world isn't ready for something this good at the SE price point. I think its going to piss off a lot of people, and make a ton of customers happy!

Nothing I've ever seen in production. Gotta be a prototype or an upcoming model. Mind you, we've seen it before in this thread.

Well lets hope... I need to get one(or 2) for my daughter for band the school year after next and have been going back and forth between a vintage modified squire and a mex fender... I suspect this would make the decision much easier. Only problem is I want to get it for her soon so she can start noodling around on it.

The electronics of what we may or may not be talking about have been honed to perfection after a long period of adjusting - the low end world isn't ready for something this good at the SE price point. I think its going to piss off a lot of people, and make a ton of customers happy!
I do not know, that G&L one gets very high remarks, and it is around the same price as an SE guitar.

PS, remember, these are made by the same people that make the SEs too.
Three tone control knobs, volume, and a knob for pickup blend instead of a toggle.
Also has a preamp.

If G&L can do this PRS should be able too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back