Anyone buy this lilac Mira?

AAT

Did anyone here on the forum buy this lilac Mira (2008) from GuitarGuitar recently? http://m.guitarguitar.co.uk/Product/PX160313296029004

I got them to send it up to the Edinburgh shop and I came so close - it played absolutely beautifully, tone was great, and the price was good - but, shallow though this is a reason! - I turned it down mainly because of the colour. (Also a few scratches and dings, including a chip on the treble horn which looked bad - solid colours show these worse than the translucent finishes IMHO.)

Anyway just curious whether she went to a good home in the end... Certainly my experience with this guitar means I've decided my next PRS will almost certainly be a Core Mira, preferably Cherry or Vintage Mahogany. I loved the control layout (mini switch suits me better than a push-pull pot) and to my mind the split coil sound was much more impressive than the 408 I played at the same time -- middle selector position with coils split had a definite Fender-y clearness and quackiness, which was beautifully complemented by the full hu bucket sounds.

However the next PRS will have to wait a while - I was seduced to the dark (but twangy) side and came away with a new American Elite Telecaster (in Mystic Black) instead...

Last edited:
I turned it down mainly because of the colour.
What? I actually lusted after a Lilac Mira X on this side of the pond recently because of that colour! Oh well, your loss. Enjoy your Tele!

Reactions: AAT
I would`ve bought that in a New York minute! My core Mira has great tone, unlike any other PRS
I`ve owned or played.

I would`ve bought that in a New York minute! My core Mira has great tone, unlike any other PRS
I`ve owned or played.

They are unique and absolutely great guitars. I've got an SE245 and love that, I've played Core and S2 Custom 22s and S2 Miras and CE24s and a 408, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Core Mira is what I want to buy next - getting one (in a colour I like) by this time next year is my ambition.

How 'bout one of these?

Wow! stunning guitars - the dark tiger-stripe especially. PS I assume, since I don't think the Mira ever had a maple neck option?
I am quite tempted by the thought of one of the maple-top Miras (I have seen them on eBay and Reverb from time to time) but my personal preference is still probably just for the plain mahogany. But those guitars prove it's a classic design that can be interpreted in many ways all across the spectrum.

Also because the URLs say "private stock" in them.

11top -- I don't think I've ever seen those before -- superb!

Back