Anybody sell gear on eBay ?

sleary

I'm trying to sell my one Prs but keep getting people off of kijiji who either want to trade or want my paypal info (scammers) ....

Thinking eBay might be a good choice but not sure about packaging, shipping ,insurance or using PayPal ...

Any help would be appreciated

eBay works but their fees are astronomical (more than 10%). Also, they hold your PayPal funds until the buyer receives the product. Reverb.com is a good alternative although there is a smaller audience. There are always guitar forums you can sell on as well.

If you sell on eBay, you will most likely be responsible to paying the shipping from your cut of the sale price. If you sell with PayPal there is a separate PayPal fee from the fee that eBay charges.

I try not to sell on eBay unless I am really desperate to sell something.

I've got an American strat up there right now and nothing but low ball offers so far. Had one that was close but he declined the counter offer and vanished. A little frustrating, especially when you are under retail and gonna take a hit with the fees.

eBay has some heavy fees . Reverb looks like a good choice. Have to do some research a little more.

I'm so sick of low ballets, scam artists....need to clean these people up.

One thing I do like about reverb is, seem to be more tailored to gear....lower fees too

I hate Ebay because of the Fees, horrible absence of service, and pattern of disrespect towards the sellers, and that they allow chargebacks because a customer changes their mind, and I didnt like Reverb because they hand your phone number out to any ******* with a computer.

You get people just calling up during dinner to chat about guitars man, no prior email of interest, no offer on the guitar, they're just talking about it. If you're lucky they'll be drunk and ramble until you're ready to hang up, and they'll lowball you.
I wouldn't try Reverb again unless I had a phone number to dedicate to it like a retail shop.

Yes I agree....I just put it on the other Prs site to see if any offers....might get lucky lol

That's a great place to sell PRS gear in my experience. MLP is decent to sell gear on too, but slower on PRS stuff.

If you want a prs then you go to a prs forum ..kinda makes sense really. I wish this forum had a classified section.

Yea, just stay away from Craigslist. I posted a guitar once for 2k, I actually got e-mails from people offering me under 100.00. I'm like really? Some people actually responded back, well you're selling on craigslist so you must be desperate. I'm like, no, I just figured I would try local to steer clear of the ridiculous fees on ebay.

You want to talk really messed up about ebay, this happened with my old job a few years ago. I used to work for a full scale event production company (sound, stage lighting backline, etc), and we posted a few intelligent moving lights with spinning heads on ebay since we made some upgrades. We sold a few and the guy claimed that he never received them despite the fact that they were signature required AND there was proof that he did in fact sign for them. ebay still sided with the guy and my boss took a hit of over 5k.

I just sold my Charvel Demartini Snakseskin in one day on Reverb. Instant paymet, 3.5% fee instead of 10% Give reverb a shot, it's more musical gear oriented anyway.

Oops sorry didn't get a notice lately that anyone replied.....

eBay seems like they take the buyers word over anything and I've heard quite a few horror stories. Reverb seems like a good plan too.

I bought 2001 Prs McCarty Soapbar a few months ago. I just can't bond with the p90 s . The thing is dead mint....

My cu24 and DGT are being buried with me lol

Back