Anybody pull the trigger on a S2 cu24 ?

sleary

I haven't seen too many NGD threads on these. On the fence right now about pulling the trigger. Would be a good second prs workhorse for me.

my local GC just got the mira and cu24. I demo them both and like the mira better. maybe in the future I will gt the mira

I just played the Mira, too. While I like my core Mira better, the S2 was a fantastic guitar. I haven't played the S2 CU, yet.

I probably will, since Iove my S2 Mira so much...but the S2 Singlecut is calling my name, with the individual coil taps and all...that will come first...

I kinda figured guys would warm up to the s2 series. I'm trying to see pics of cu24's s2 s have grain on the black finish ......

I didn't find the one I played to offer anything the SE didn't. I was very impressed by the Mira. And I want an S2 SC very badly.

I played an S2 CU24 a month ago, was very impressed. Just hard to pull a trigger on a $1400 guitar when used CU24's out there for the same money

I traded a LP 2013 Studio for one. It is a great guitar in every way. BTW, there is a store in Memphis (Martin Music) that has the S2 c24 listed for $1199. Bought mine at Sam Ash in Nashville and they matched that price. I still play my SE Santana at church and leave the C24 at home. The Santana just feels better to me and sounds about the same.

Good to know. Might just go for a little drive this weekend and really try one out.

One of my guitar students recently picked up an S2 CU24 as his first "good guitar". I've played it a bit and was generally impressed with everything, especially the way it plays. Side by side with my Mira and CU24 it stacked up really well. The only thing I wish it had was a coil tap!

I've had my gray-black S2 CU24 for about 4-1/2 months now. I'm still enjoying it immensely. Sometimes I'll pick up my strat for a bit, but the CU24 always feels better when I go back to it. Apart from a couple of minor setup issues, it was perfect right from the start.

It does have a coil tap - the tone knob is push-pull. When it's pulled out, it taps whatever pickups are selected with the blade switch.

I've had my gray-black S2 CU24 for about 4-1/2 months now. I'm still enjoying it immensely. Sometimes I'll pick up my strat for a bit, but the CU24 always feels better when I go back to it. Apart from a couple of minor setup issues, it was perfect right from the start.

It does have a coil tap - the tone knob is push-pull. When it's pulled out, it taps whatever pickups are selected with the blade switch.

Do you have pics ?

I played an S2 Custom 24 and S2 Mira this weekend at Long and McQuade and was really impressed with both of them. They both played and sounded great! But I'm biased towards the Custom 24 because I want a trem and a more modern sound I guess? Definitely wanting to make the S2 CU24 my first American PRS!!

Back