Anybody feel the same way?

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
It’s the impressive tones in demo videos. It’s the positive comments in forums and media. The doctors and lawyers seem to have gone into hiding, the steriles seem to have been chased away.

Is it just me or has the tide turned? It’s like the brand has come of age.

I have seen it too. A lot of the YT gurus have actually played one and converted to an appreciation of how good a PRS actually is.

The internet loves being contrary. Once PRS was commonly hated on in the forums, they had to now like them to be contrary. What goes around…

Thank goodness most here know how to make their own decisions.

A lot of the YT gurus have actually played one and converted to an appreciation of how good a PRS actually is.
Good point! Seem to have noticed quite a bit of that lately. The sound speaks for itself. High quality example:

Watch the Peach Boutique videos too. Blimey, those tones!!!

I've known about PRS guitars since before they went into mass production in 1985. Back then, I just figured they were super expensive, and so I would probably never be able to buy one.

Then, by the late 90s, they seemed to be everywhere, and it was kind of a cliche to me, all the nu-metal guys playing their PRS guitars through their Boogie Rectifier amps. Not my sound at all.

And I would occasionally pick one up in a guitar store, but I did not like the neck shape - I don't know which one it was, but it just felt too foreign to me. So I never even got to the point of playing one, let alone plugging one in.

In the last couple of years, I started watching Greg Koch demoing guitars for Sweetwater, and loved the sounds he was getting from various PRS guitars. I also started watching some videos of PRS himself, talking about his vision and their processes.

Then along came the Silver Sky, and while I'm not a big strat guy, I was intrigued by his stories of finding out why some vintage pickups were magical while others weren't, even if they were constructed exactly the same way. This is what led to their TCI methodology, and then I saw some great comparision videos between new PRS guitars with TCI tuned pickups compared to great vintage guitars, and I was convinced that PRS had found a way to reproduce that 'mojo' consistently in their pickups.

I had also been watching videos of the SE line guitars, which were also impressing me. I picked up an SE Custom 24 in a store, and I actually liked the neck shape (I later learned it was Wide Thin). It played very well acoustically. I thought to myself, someday when they equip the SE line with TCI pickups, then I would like to buy one.

Well, along came the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24, and I had to have one! I watched all the review videos I could find, and ordered mine online as none of my local stores had one in stock.

I was not disappointed! It plays great, sounds amazing, and quickly became my #1 gigging guitar.

So after 35+ years, I finally drank the PRS Kool Aid. And it tastes great! I totally believe that Paul's vision is producing a great, modern electric guitar that does everything I want it to.

Last edited:
It’s the impressive tones in demo videos. It’s the positive comments in forums and media. The doctors and lawyers seem to have gone into hiding, the steriles seem to have been chased away.

Is it just me or has the tide turned? It’s like the brand has come of age.
I think so. We got PRS axes in the hands of more student/intermediate players who are discovering how good these are. Working musicians are using them more frequently now.

IMHO, the reason for the tide turning? The SE line. It got a PRS guitar into more hands. Simple as that. Thats how I got turned on to the PRS juice.

I think so. We got PRS axes in the hands of more student/intermediate players who are discovering how good these are. Working musicians are using them more frequently now.

IMHO, the reason for the tide turning? The SE line. It got a PRS guitar into more hands. Simple as that. Thats how I got turned on to the PRS juice.

I couldn't agree more. SE changed the tide. It was my gateway..

I've known about PRS guitars since before they went into mass production in 1985. Back then, I just figured they were super expensive, and so I would probably never be able to buy one.

Then, by the late 90s, they seemed to be everywhere, and it was kind of a cliche to me, all the nu-metal guys playing their PRS guitars through their Boogie Rectifier amps. Not my sound at all.

And I would occasionally pick one up in a guitar store, but I did not like the neck shape - I don't know which one it was, but it just felt too foreign to me. So I never even got to the point of playing one, let alone plugging one in.

In the last couple of years, I started watching Greg Koch demoing guitars for Sweetwater, and loved the sounds he was getting from various PRS guitars. I also started watching some videos of PRS himself, talking about his vision and their processes.

Then along came the Silver Sky, and while I'm not a big strat guy, I was intrigued by his stories of finding out why some vintage pickups were magical while others weren't, even if they were constructed exactly the same way. This is what led to their TCI methodology, and then I saw some great comparision videos between new PRS guitars with TCI tuned pickups compared to great vintage guitars, and I was convinced that PRS had found a way to reproduce that 'mojo' consistently in their pickups.

I had also been watching videos of the SE line guitars, which were also impressing me. I picked up an SE Custom 24 in a store, and I actually liked the neck shape (I later learned it was Wide Thin). It played very well acoustically. I thought to myself, someday when they equip the SE line with TCI pickups, then I would like to buy one.

Well, along came the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24, and I had to have one! I watched all the review videos I could find, and ordered mine online as none of my local stores had one in stock.

I was not disappointed! It plays great, sounds amazing, and quickly became my #1 gigging guitar.

So after 35+ years, I finally drank the PRS Kool Aid. And it tastes great! I totally believe that Paul's vision is producing a great, modern electric guitar that does everything I want it to.

In 2019 I got back to playing after an almost 20 year break due to life and work. I wanted to treat myself to a new guitar. I did my research online and decided that that guitar would be a PRS. Due to budget and not wanting to spend too much cash in case I'd stop playing after a bit ,I started looking at the SE Line and had decided on ordering Zebrawood SE Cu24. Then PRS released the 35th Anniversary SE in black / gold burst . I loved the looks and specs and ordered on from PRS' Greek distributor. Hardly a day has gone buy without me playing my PRS. Such an inspiring instrument. I've tried to play other guitars since acquiring my PRS and they just don't do it for me any more. Yes, that PRS Kool Aid is something else !!!

Back