Anybody feel the same way?

PRS were always out of my wheelhouse until I snagged a used S2 standard 22 then another....then a Mira....and now recently a 594 thinline....my standard 22 satin and Mira were both new and at the time under a grand....I was happy at the time I felt they were my little secret but I knew it was going to get out eventually ....during covid days I did buy an SE Mira to beat around and I love that thing as well...

I've never had a problem with PRS. Always thought they were well made and well playing instruments. I haven't necessarily agreed with the company's choices in terms of direction and marketing but that's my own personal thing. It's good to see PRS having more success. BUT, and this isn't just PRS (thank you, inflation), the pricing has definitely reached a tipping point for the core stuff. I do really well and I think twice about buying another one. Maybe I am just more fiscally conservative than most as I'm the shove the money in the mattress type. I've pretty much decided I'm going to wait for that one special CU24 to come along and that's going to be it. Gotta retire some time. :)

I've never had a problem with PRS. Always thought they were well made and well playing instruments. I haven't necessarily agreed with the company's choices in terms of direction and marketing but that's my own personal thing. It's good to see PRS having more success. BUT, and this isn't just PRS (thank you, inflation), the pricing has definitely reached a tipping point for the core stuff. I do really well and I think twice about buying another one. Maybe I am just more fiscally conservative than most as I'm the shove the money in the mattress type. I've pretty much decided I'm going to wait for that one special CU24 to come along and that's going to be it. Gotta retire some time. :)
When it comes to Core PRS axes, I pretty much only browse used stuff. I agree, the prices have crept up pretty high. While I could technically afford a new one, especially with Sweetwater financing, but man...the idea of making the equivalent of car payments for a guitar makes me queasy. Right now, rather buy SE models and put high end parts in them.

BUT, and this isn't just PRS (thank you, inflation), the pricing has definitely reached a tipping point for the core stuff. I do really well and I think twice about buying another one.

Yeah, agree on the "tipping point." I usually don't post much about this here, but I've said this before... My last Custom 24 was bought 10 years ago. THE nicest feeling guitar I've ever played, and great in every way. $2500 out the door new from a local dealer. Can't touch one for $1000 more than that now. If you could still buy cores in the mid to high 2k's, I'd have at least two more by now. Most of the models I would want next are in the $4K range. But, it sure doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else from buying them, so I guess it's my loss. And I'm making way more money now (10 years ago was the middle of the mortgage crisis). But even with that, just can't feel good about buying myself something that expensive.

Probably the only guitar line that covers tone from every angle, without giving up quality. Single coils, humbuckers, LP style, strat style, no other manufacturer can really get there in my opinion. Gibson should be very worried.

Probably the only guitar line that covers tone from every angle, without giving up quality. Single coils, humbuckers, LP style, strat style, no other manufacturer can really get there in my opinion. Gibson should be very worried.
When Evil Empire gets worried, they start sending the lawyers out. They should start trademarking broken headstocks.

Back