Anybody buying the PRS guitar strings?

I love you Dave. You are funny.
I like that.
Just don't get me drawn into posting because of good people like you.

Duh - Johnny Cash was what you needed to get into a pay toilet. That, or a complete disregard for what a public bathroom floor would do to your clothes.

I always wondered what would make someone think, “Hey, I’ve got a great money-making idea! Let’s charge people who need to relieve themselves!”

Of course back then the really good restaurants and clubs had a guy in the bathroom who turned on the faucet for you so you could wash your hands, and then he’d hand you a towel.

As compensation for this lavish treatment, it was customary to tip.

I always wondered what would make someone think, “Hey, I’ve got a great money-making idea! Let’s charge people who need to relieve themselves!”

Of course back then the really good restaurants and clubs had a guy in the bathroom who turned on the faucet for you so you could wash your hands, and then he’d hand you a towel.

If you drank enough at dinner, tipping was somewhat involuntary.

Avarice is the answer. Someone figured that when someone really needs to relieve themselves they will pay to do so when they have no choice. People are horrible.

Avarice is the answer. Someone figured that when someone really needs to relieve themselves they will pay to do so when they have no choice. People are horrible.

I was kidding around, and actually think it’s kind of funny. Pay toilets got started in Roman times, according to Wiki, to help the treasury recover from a civil war.

As of the last time I was in Europe, they’re still a thing there.

I was kidding around, and actually think it’s kind of funny. Pay toilets got started in Roman times, according to Wiki, to help the treasury recover from a civil war.

As of the last time I was in Europe, they’re still a thing there.

Q - “What have the Romans ever done for us?!”

A - “Well there was the pay toilets!”

OK, I just put a set of NYXL 10 46 strings on. It totally changed the neck tension and thus the harmonics to a large degree. I aim not happy. I want the strings that were on there. Which PRS strings were on there. Money is not the point.
Help. What strings were on it from factory? I have no intention of starting to adjust it.
I just need to find the original strings.
Thanks guys.

Dave THANK YOU SO MUCH!
These NYXL10 / 46 have a different string tension than what the guitar came with.
One of the main reasons I was so impressed with guitar was the harmonics rang so true all the way up the guitar.
Most people don't realize that up and down the scale higher notes are 2 cents sharper than than the lower octave. That is part of what gives a musical instrument that beautiful tone. This is particular true with pianos.
The first time I played this guitar I was stunned at how I could hear all these harmonics ringing up and down the neck. They were all TRUE if you know what I mean.
Now because all the string tensions are different all those harmonics are messed up. Not by much but I don't feel like adjusting a brand new guitar.
I found the original PRS strings.
Thank you so much for thinking about me. Glen.

Dave THANK YOU SO MUCH!
These NYXL10 / 46 have a different string tension than what the guitar came with.
One of the main reasons I was so impressed with guitar was the harmonics rang so true all the way up the guitar.
Most people don't realize that up and down the scale higher notes are 2 cents sharper than than the lower octave. That is part of what gives a musical instrument that beautiful tone. This is particular true with pianos.
The first time I played this guitar I was stunned at how I could hear all these harmonics ringing up and down the neck. They were all TRUE if you know what I mean.
Now because all the string tensions are different all those harmonics are messed up. Not by much but I don't feel like adjusting a brand new guitar.
I found the original PRS strings.
Thank you so much for thinking about me. Glen.
Happy to help Glen.
Try a pack and see what you think. You could also send a query to customer service to make sure if you like.
[email protected]

I tried the PRS signature strings and will not be using them. The sound and tone was fine, but I play 11's and they send their's with a wound G string. Nope. So, I use the Optiweb Elixir Strings (11's). My hands tend to corrode strings pretty quick as well, but these last a long time and stay bright.

I tried the PRS signature strings and will not be using them. The sound and tone was fine, but I play 11's and they send their's with a wound G string. Nope. So, I use the Optiweb Elixir Strings (11's). My hands tend to corrode strings pretty quick as well, but these last a long time and stay bright.
For what it is worth, they offer 11s with the G wound, or not wound. I have both.

I ordered a few different varieties over the weekend. Gonna try them on a few different guitars, looking forward to it! I sure liked the strings that came on my S2 Studio.

At one point, White Castle had pay toilets. Seriously. What kind of sick genius thought that scheme up??!!

“Here, eat a giant sack of colon blow burgers for $2.00. Access to the toilet is extra. “

At one point, White Castle had pay toilets. Seriously. What kind of sick genius thought that scheme up??!!

“Here, eat a giant sack of colon blow burgers for $2.00. Access to the toilet is extra. “

Because they didn’t want people pooping in their bathroom messing with the stinky, greasy smells where people ate, of course! And who can blame them?

On the other hand, I never liked White Castle burgers. Too onion-flavored, absurdly tiny.

The World’s Best sliders - and I’m as serious about sliders as any sentient human being can be - are at Hunter House on Woodward in Birmingham, Michigan.

Yes, I’ve had the In and Out in LA, and everyone’s got their famous slider place they’ve taken me to over many years, but Hunter House is the undefeated king and champion of sliderdom. Oh sure, we have Greene’s, also a legendary Detroit slider place, and many others. But I am certain that the gods of sliders have blessed Hunter House.

Unbelievably excellent; the most perfect, gorgeously wonderful slider that has ever slid down a person’s gullet, and not a little postage stamp sized piece of onion-stinking sh!t on a tiny craptastic bun like they throw at you in places like White Castle! Hunter House is an authentic, one-off remnant of the 40s/50s.

Hunter House is so good that at upscale, six-figure weddings in my area they often serve them as a late treat/snack at the end of the party, after everyone’s been dancing all night and hungry despite having eaten a big catered dinner. And people go nuts over them. They’re a thing.

My son Jamie and I have a tradition when he visits from LA (and before that when he came in from college) that we have sliders at Hunter House within 24 hours of his arrival.

I just wish I didn’t have to be so careful about what I eat. Sadly, they’ve become a very rare treat for me, but as my heart surgeon said, patting me on the stomach, “Party’s over!” :(

Back