Anybody buying the PRS guitar strings?

I'm a big fan of DR but I have had the occasional issue. In fact, I just sent them a message to let them know about what happened last Saturday at a gig. Brand new set of Pure Blues and just a couple of seconds into the first song of the first set and the high E goes flat. I tune it, it goes flat. And it keeps going flat no matter what. Not a little flat, but a lot flat. So I swap to my other guitar (the 594) mid song and finish out the set. Long story short, the string came unwound at the ball end. Third time this has happened with DR. I really like the way their strings sound, but if this continues I'll have to find another brand.

Not psyched to hear that as I’ve just bought a pile of those.

Probably not a widespread issue (fingers crossed). As an update I sent a message just to let them know. They replied the same day that they were going to have someone check their stock for any issues. They also are sending me a couple 9s and 10s. I"ve been using DR since about 2001ish and it has only happened three times.

On a somewhat related note, with all this I remember that I started using DR when I bought my first McCarty and I was looking for something other than the Dean Markleys I had been using. The DRs were recommended. I tried them and have been using them on everything ever since. I recently tried their acoustic strings but didn't care for them. I'll probably stick with the Elixirs on my acoustics.

I bought a set of the new ones and the classics. They are what all of those types of strings are. Really bright when you put them on, they settle in for a while, then go dead.
I'm sticking with what I found five years ago. They sound the same (good for me), from when I put them on until fret wear and dirt and sweat take their toll.

I really like the original strings. I'm not sure what makes them different from regular D'Addarios, but they seem to last longer without getting rough and corroded. I always wipe both sets off when I'm done playing. I have not tried the high end ones yet. I'm wondering if they are like re-branded NYXL or something?

I just put my first set of PRS Signature strings. So far tuning stability is good.

I have used the NYXL strings, they're my #2 strings. I like the Ernie Ball Paradigm strings best so far.

I'll see how the PRS strings hold up.

I also discovered the Paradigm and I am very impressed with the feel and the sound. Someone said that they are hard on frets overtime. Is there truth to that?

I’ve been playing DR (mostly Pure Blues, Tite Fits on a couple guitars) exclusively for several years now, and I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem, so don’t worry too much. I’m not trying to discount GADonis’ experience, I can totally believe it happened, but likely it’s a rare thing.

I do need to get my paws on some of the new PRS sets though.

I’ve been playing DR (mostly Pure Blues, Tite Fits on a couple guitars) exclusively for several years now, and I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem, so don’t worry too much. I’m not trying to discount GADonis’ experience, I can totally believe it happened, but likely it’s a rare thing.

I agree it isn't likely a widespread issue. And if I were to find out it was something I had done to cause the issue I wouldn't be overly surprised even though I'm fairly sure it isn't. I've been using the DR Pure Blues for about 18 years and I can think of only 3 times this has happened.

Right on. TBH I kinda forgot about DR strings, I used to used them pretty much exclusively, but then all the guitar stores around me started closing, and I got in the habit of buying whatever strings were available.

I really like the original strings. I'm not sure what makes them different from regular D'Addarios, but they seem to last longer without getting rough and corroded. I always wipe both sets off when I'm done playing. I have not tried the high end ones yet. I'm wondering if they are like re-branded NYXL or something?

Yeah. I'm actually going to bring this new PRS down to guitar center. I have changed hundreds of sets of strings. I am not sure what strings are on it. I know they are 10/46's.
They have actually lasted 40 hours longer than the fenders I used to use.
I'm going to take it over to a few of the amps they have and see if they sound the same. I am probably going to use the nyxl. Let see what the tech says.
I will let you all know what I find. This guitar and the strings that are on it now have been so much fun to play... I don't care what it costs for a pack of strings.
Funny thing is I have found different strings apply different tensions to a neck. Don't ask me why. I don't know. All I know is new, This PRS was SCREAMING!
I want to keep it that way for a year or two. SMILE!

Just as a side note... I haven't played in a long time. Things have changed. WOW. The strings I used to use went dead in 5 hours no matter how much you kept them clean.
I bought them a hundred packs at a time.
SILLY ME.
I love my PRS guitar!!!!!!

I don't know.
I'm so old it was pre social security, LOL.
Just saying these strings that came on this guitar have been awesome.
For the first time in years I have had fun playing again.
Thanks for all the replies. You folks are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know.
I'm so old it was pre social security, LOL.
Just saying these strings that came on this guitar have been awesome.
For the first time in years I have had fun playing again.
Thanks for all the replies. You folks are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so old I thought Johnny Cash was a pay toilet!:rolleyes:

Back