Any women on this forum?

I feel like there's maybe a couple more women besides Melissa and Ms. Rosa. Just not heavy posters or maybe less frequent visitors. We try(and usually do OK) to be every person friendly around here. Given that we are most male, we fall into some of typical male immaturities at times. More civil than most forums though.:)
That will be a GREAT guitar! Congrats!

That looks awesome and now I'm hungry.

Dilly dilly. I don't care about color, but I can't resist a dilly dilly. Hate the beer, love the commercials. I refer to my workplace as the pity of misery as well. For the record, a pink Hello Kitty guitar is probably the only one I'd get any praise for bringing it. home.
Hey! Don’t you tar me with your “immaturities “ brush. I’m the only sensible one! :p

You went right back to talking about fishing and boxing! :p

Just as I was this close to finally having someone to drink champagne and get pedicures at Experience with. :(
I hear Markie does nails. Ask 11Top.

........ a McCarty 594 P90 in black gold wrap. Which I am sure everyone here will try and talk me out of ..............
Not bloody likely. :D

Last edited:
I've given up, I am too busy laughing :D

My apologies for posting diversionary food imagery and running away -- I was pressed for time, and I am an utter slave to tacos. :D

In all seriousness, and without meaning to get lost in story mode, if I may, let me approach a reply from this angle...

My internet posting history falls into several categories: critical thinking, music, science, technology, astronomy, and cuisine. Women are under-represented in each category, academically, professionally and socially, and while that's thankfully changing for the better, there is still much work to do to break down systemic barriers. These sorts of mellow forum conversations can work wonders to that end, and thankfully this is about as an ideal an environment as there can be, thanks to a high concentration of very cool people. If there's anything I can do to further that, count me in.

To be properly inclusive and representative of the combined awesomeness that is Paul Reed Smith, this web forum, this bunch of intrepid admins, and diverse, experienced participants and musicians, regardless of skill level -- I believe it is incumbent on each of us to be as respectful and welcoming to all, as ambassadors of the brand, fans of the instrument, and music in general. If anything can be done to improve on the already-exemplary level of conversation we enjoy here, and make this shared space more comfortable, I'd encourage that we all have a dedicated discussion about that.

The example immortalized in the XKCD comic should NOT be the standard anywhere.

I'm not sure about that, as I'm open to being wrong about anything and everything. I don't even know if I exist.

What I do know is that if this was where they wanted to take the conversation, then it would not be a good use of my time. I'd rather be corrected and learn something, than just read an insult.
I was right once, but that was only after my divorce.

Um....hello? PRS-owning, guitar-playing woman reporting for duty!

I was lucky enough to find a used PRS SE Tremonti once I realized I was going to stick with learning the guitar. I would have been a fool not to buy it, and I'm no fool! I play it every day, and I'm always blown away by what a great guitar it is for me. It practically feels like cheating.

I'm a certified lurker. The reason I don't post much is that I have been playing guitar for a little more than 6 months, so my guitar-related questions are more appropriate for my instructor. You guys seem like a great lot -- I very much enjoyed the whole White Westie saga. Thought that was one of the nicest things I've ever seen on an online forum, and the execution was flawless!

- Melissa

Hallo! Lovely to see you post :)

The White Westie saga did it for me too. I had to read it a couple of times to check it wasn't a hoax because it was such a great thing to do.

It's a great guitar and you made a wise choice. And its worth remembering that at least one of us (me) is still definitely learning so you are in good company.

Forget color coordination - glitter acrylic and it's done! I'm the most popular old guy at the nail salon...

Black gold 594 w/P90s? Nice! But that raises the question...what's the next one? You should already have seven pages bookmarked with candidates....

I have but I have to earn another bonus first so it's a long way off. I am currently trying the mantra that you don't need a lot of PRS guitars ..... has it ever worked for anyone around here?

I have but I have to earn another bonus first so it's a long way off. I am currently trying the mantra that you don't need a lot of PRS guitars ..... has it ever worked for anyone around here?
Noooooo!

Ok it’s quiet about here now!! There’s an edit button for a reason:eek:

If Sergio or Bodia sees this and others (too many to mention) your credit card will look like this:confused::confused::(:(:eek::eek:

Delete, delete, delete!!:D

Noooooo!

Ok it’s quiet about here now!! There’s an edit button for a reason:eek:

If Sergio or Bodia sees this and others (too many to mention) your credit card will look like this:confused::confused::(:(:eek::eek:

Delete, delete, delete!!:D

I can't, it would make a nonsense of your reply ;)

And look at it this way: that's a lot of interesting conversations about a subject dear to all of our hearts as everyone takes up the challenge and tells me interesting things that I don't yet know about why I should ditch the my misguided attempts at this mantra and just get with the programme!

That’s what the “delete-delete-delete” was supposed to signify! Your original post, my futile attempt at help and your inevitable reply!:p

I’m just going to play a little light intermission music, no one is watching!

Ach you cannae help some people! :D

I can't, it would make a nonsense of your reply ;)

And look at it this way: that's a lot of interesting conversations about a subject dear to all of our hearts as everyone takes up the challenge and tells me interesting things that I don't yet know about why I should ditch the my misguided attempts at this mantra and just get with the programme!

Yep, you fit right in. Good on ya for lookin' out for a fellow forumite, and taking the hit. Now, about that next guitar.....:D

Yes.

I used computer geek bonus money to buy my first two and got my fifth as a signing bonus. Those five worked really well for me and I stopped looking for close to 10 years.

Back