Any women on this forum?

a McCarty 594 P90 in black gold wrap. Which I am sure everyone here will try and talk me out of ..............
No way, that's an awesome guitar!

I know, no pictures, it's an epiphone in bright yellow. I have learned that much.

Oh, nice touch... because yours COULDN'T be pink, now could it?

(note to self: Can't use the "Pink Hello Kitty guitar" routine on new cocomember. Must be yellow! )

And with that, I think we've established a new forum policy. Pink for guys, yellow for gals. I make a motion. Can I get a second? Or a Dilly Dilly?

I had tried to use another guitar forum, hosted by another manufacturer. I had to leave after a few weeks because the attitude there was just too brutal.

The best way to describe it is to post something that ends up being errant. Instead of kindly correcting it and explaining why it's wrong, it gets met with "you're soooo stupid," and things like that.
wow you're so stupid NOT

wow you're so stupid NOT

I'm not sure about that, as I'm open to being wrong about anything and everything. I don't even know if I exist.

What I do know is that if this was where they wanted to take the conversation, then it would not be a good use of my time. I'd rather be corrected and learn something, than just read an insult.

Yes it could, I am not proud. It can be any colour, I'll just change nail polish to match - and THAT could be the new forum policy :)

Forget color coordination - glitter acrylic and it's done! I'm the most popular old guy at the nail salon...

Black gold 594 w/P90s? Nice! But that raises the question...what's the next one? You should already have seven pages bookmarked with candidates....

Um....hello? PRS-owning, guitar-playing woman reporting for duty!

I was lucky enough to find a used PRS SE Tremonti once I realized I was going to stick with learning the guitar. I would have been a fool not to buy it, and I'm no fool! I play it every day, and I'm always blown away by what a great guitar it is for me. It practically feels like cheating.

I'm a certified lurker. The reason I don't post much is that I have been playing guitar for a little more than 6 months, so my guitar-related questions are more appropriate for my instructor. You guys seem like a great lot -- I very much enjoyed the whole White Westie saga. Thought that was one of the nicest things I've ever seen on an online forum, and the execution was flawless!

- Melissa

I feel like there's maybe a couple more women besides Melissa and Ms. Rosa. Just not heavy posters or maybe less frequent visitors. We try(and usually do OK) to be every person friendly around here. Given that we are most male, we fall into some of typical male immaturities at times. More civil than most forums though.:)
Ha! I am not a doctor, lawyer or dental nurse! I am a software designer who started playing timpani in a youth orchestra and then moved on to playing kit drums. The big band I'm in plays everything from electro swing to full on rock with a Brazilian style bateria. My other band is smaller and is more of a garage band. And the guitar I am making my mind up on tonight after months of trying every available PRS core guitar around is .... (cue drum roll) ........ a McCarty 594 P90 in black gold wrap. Which I am sure everyone here will try and talk me out of ..............
That will be a GREAT guitar! Congrats!

Coming right up.

VTfj0C4g.jpg
That looks awesome and now I'm hungry.

No way, that's an awesome guitar!

Oh, nice touch... because yours COULDN'T be pink, now could it?

(note to self: Can't use the "Pink Hello Kitty guitar" routine on new cocomember. Must be yellow! )

And with that, I think we've established a new forum policy. Pink for guys, yellow for gals. I make a motion. Can I get a second? Or a Dilly Dilly?
Dilly dilly. I don't care about color, but I can't resist a dilly dilly. Hate the beer, love the commercials. I refer to my workplace as the pit of misery as well. For the record, a pink Hello Kitty guitar is probably the only one I'd get any praise for bringing it. home.

Last edited:
Um....hello? PRS-owning, guitar-playing woman reporting for duty!

I was lucky enough to find a used PRS SE Tremonti once I realized I was going to stick with learning the guitar. I would have been a fool not to buy it, and I'm no fool! I play it every day, and I'm always blown away by what a great guitar it is for me. It practically feels like cheating.

I'm a certified lurker. The reason I don't post much is that I have been playing guitar for a little more than 6 months, so my guitar-related questions are more appropriate for my instructor. You guys seem like a great lot -- I very much enjoyed the whole White Westie saga. Thought that was one of the nicest things I've ever seen on an online forum, and the execution was flawless!

- Melissa
There you go @JimmyDee patience my friend!

Hi Melissa, welcome out of the shadows!

Come and hang out some more, it’s a fun place to be.

Don’t forget to upload some photos of your guitar, please:D the guys like it. Me I can take it or leave ito_O

Back