Any sightings of the SE Clint Lowery model yet?

IRG

I know the website says first quarter of 2013, so we must be getting close. It is one model I'm quite curious about. I like the subtly changed shape - anyone know how thick this model will be? Looks like a beveled top, but it doesn't specify that. 25 1/2" scale is interesting too. Might be longer than I like, getting really used to the 245 scale I have now. But I am looking to add another SE to the herd.

main2.jpg

I'm looking forward to checking one out as well. If there's anything out there that would dethrone my SE Mushok Baritone for B to B tuning, it would be the Lowery. This model already has the huge plus of being opaque black to match my #1 CU22. :) Don't get me wrong, my baritone is great. I've had it since silverburst was (regrettably) the only finish available.

I'm anxious to know as well since it will likely be my next purchase. I have a Epihpone Prophecy Les Paul set up to the same tuning and its 25 1/2 scale as well. I will likely sell it to fund the Lowery.

I hope so, the dang thing was announced in September.

Why the long wait? Was there a batch that came in from Korea that were bad or something?

The one Clint was playing was the prototype and SE factory had not yet had the opportunity to do any engineering on their end. The whole process didn't really even start until October. The first batch should arrive in Maryland in a couple of weeks. We'll start checking them over and shipping them out. look for them to start hitting the stores in late May.

I played the prototype and it was SUPER comfortable for B. Also, the modified horn isn't as blatant as the photos make it appear - it was a very tasteful lookin' axe.

Back