Any one can spot this old timer???

nicolasrivera

Yes, that old timer with the glowing letters........

First time i used it exclusibly for a whole gig and it sounded great!

Last edited:
I've never played a PRS Harmonic Generator. I'd like to hear one some day.

Last edited:
I remember checkin' those out at Makin' Music when I bought my first PRS, I really think more amps should have noise gates built in.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;84727 said:
I've never played a PRS Harmonic Generator. I'd like to hear one some day.

You know - they got a bad wrap but I'll be honest, I watched some vintage DVDs from Paul and Co.... Paul and Mike Ault got some KILLLLLLER tones using an HG. I know it can't be studio magic so what gives!

You know - they got a bad wrap but I'll be honest, I watched some vintage DVDs from Paul and Co.... Paul and Mike Ault got some KILLLLLLER tones using an HG. I know it can't be studio magic so what gives!

I know the basic history of the HG from what can be found on the web, but i can tell you this is the warmest sounding solid state amp i can remember playing with. I have own it for several years and that time was its proper debut! I got complements on the tone it has and 2 other bands played with it so i did appreciate its tone from the outside and to me, in that moment and with a few beers in! sounded like a tube amp!

The drive channel is powerful, but it has a remarkable Santana/Boogie tone to it, and it takes pedalboards extremely well! i think it took them better then my former Mesa LoneStar Special ever did.

I will keep this amp for many more years, seems like a great lead or backup option.

I saw Paul's band play the Hard Rock in New York City a looooong time ago and Paul was playing a Dragon through one of these I think. I was not so much a gear guy then but I do remember they sounded killer.

I had two half stacks at one point. Kept the cabs, but the heads couldn't hang with real tube amps, to my ear. Lit up cool, though!

Back