Any news/ideas on when the factory might reopen?

RedGuitars

Thread killer
Just curious. Our little city opened at 50% capacity for restaurants, etc.

‘I’m waiting on a delivery to a dealer so maybe antsier than some.

Probably the best indication might be to read up on Maryland's "plan to re-open" might be - state level wise - plus anything that might flow over from whatever county the PRS factory is located in. Where I live (Central Florida), my county has had tighter "rules" than the county that is literally 200 yards from my house, across the county line from my neighborhood.

And of course PRS the company reserves the right to re-start operations at a later time if they deem it the better/safer option.

Or earlier, if you are Elon Musk, apparently...

I have to think they are "open" in some fashion now. There have been an awful lot of new PRS guitars showing up on dealer websites, and IG feeds. Leading with something like, "these just in"

I have to think they are "open" in some fashion now. There have been an awful lot of new PRS guitars showing up on dealer websites, and IG feeds. Leading with something like, "these just in"
There were a few guitars that arrived recently at a particular dealer that had tags or other "markings" that indicated they had been set aside for Artist Relations - someone raided the pantry!

So I suspect they might have had a few folks go in to do a final QC on some products that were already complete and just clean out whatever they could.

I do hope they get back into operations soon (as soon as it is safe, of course). I have a Silver Sky Midnight Rose Maple board on order!

As far as I know, Factories and businesses can remain open - with a skeleton crew to keep things ticking over. I don't know if PRS may have taken that option at all - maybe had 1 or 2 staff per area - someone gluing, pressing and CNC'ing bodies, someone working on necks, someone fitting necks to bodies, someone sanding, someone spraying, someone working in electronics etc etc.

Of course that would have a big impact on the amount of guitars being finished per day - but its still not 'zero' guitars. As long as the staff are safe and able to keep a certain distance from other staff, they could still be working at a reduced capacity. I don't know what PRS opted to do, shut down completely or operate at a 'reduced' staffing capacity. It maybe that they decided to greatly reduce the staffing and still produce some instruments weekly. When they have 'enough' to ship out, then they were shipped - hence some stores are getting new stock.

Of course that would mean that they are not operating at full capacity. I don't live in the US so don't know what rules are in place in Maryland...

Is the PRS factory included in the Phase 1 reopening that was announced last night? I read that it included manufacturing.

Is the PRS factory included in the Phase 1 reopening that was announced last night? I read that it included manufacturing.
I read an article a few weeks ago where a Representative visited the factory and said they should be one of the first places to reopen. So I would think tomorrow they'd be able to start ramping back up, if even in a less than full capacity.

Man. If that's true for the new S2 McCarty 594 line I'd be thrilled...but I ordered through a private vendor, not sweetwater...hm...

Uh oh. PRS door sign used in NPR article. Picture credit at end “A sign instructs those entering the lobby of the Paul Reed Smith Guitars plant to be screened as the facility prepared to reopen last week in Stevensville, Md. (Leah Millis/Reuters)” . Article title “Maryland Reports Largest Rise Yet In Coronavirus Cases 4 Days After Reopening”

I hope everyone stays safe and follows the rules.

What is Paul playing? Brushstrokes, Narrow 408/covered humbucker, vintage tuners. I can't quite make out the truss rod cover.

I'll take it!

Uh oh. PRS door sign used in NPR article. Picture credit at end “A sign instructs those entering the lobby of the Paul Reed Smith Guitars plant to be screened as the facility prepared to reopen last week in Stevensville, Md. (Leah Millis/Reuters)” . Article title “Maryland Reports Largest Rise Yet In Coronavirus Cases 4 Days After Reopening”

Word. I just went looking for that article, and at least it sounds like Maryland is starting to get some testing happening.

I overheard my wife talking to her bosses yesterday about her resuming going to client’s places of business, and it’s got me a little concerned.

Hopefully PRS can keep everyone who isn’t making guitars at home and working, like CS, and accounting, etc.

Add me to the list - waiting on a Wood Library McCarty 594 Hollowbody II. Suspect it's near or in finishing stage.

From Moore? Or somewhere else? I got one coming too. Can wait!

Nope, Northeast Music Center. Waiting is all I've been doing for 16 months! You'd think I ordered a Private Stock. And that was five months after the wood was selected and the build order placed, before I snagged one of the 10. As they say, it is the hardest part.

Nope, Northeast Music Center. Waiting is all I've been doing for 16 months! You'd think I ordered a Private Stock. And that was five months after the wood was selected and the build order placed, before I snagged one of the 10. As they say, it is the hardest part.
Killer looking. What board did you go with? Mine is gonna have an Indian Rosewood neck with ebony fretboard.

Back