Any motorcycle riders on here? Need advice

Hey wedge thats a nice machine. I ride sport bikes but I hope victory does well. The Ness influence has helped that company get in the right direction. I dont hate HD but there is too much BS the american public has put up with.

Make sure when you pick a machine it can cover all your needs. What I mean by that is get your daughter involved in that too. Its a great way to spend quality time with your child. I have an older suzuki RF900 set up for traveling, corbin seat and givi luggage. It creates a safe place for my son to sit. He is 9 now and we take off and do 300 miles with no problems. We are biking to oshkosh air show this year and I cant wait!!!!!

I had a '95 RF900, great bike with a stout motor. Candy apple red. Loved it.

my needs now are just to satisfy my urge to ride. I like to go quick......I say quick instead of fast, I have done 140+ before and thankfully lived to tell about it, now I just want to go 80 or so but get there in a big hurry!

My wife does to like to ride anymore and my daughter at ten......not sure i trust her on the back. I know some at then are cool but not sure she is there yet. Maybe if I get a removable back rest like I had on my Road King it would work.

Hey Wedge, funny thing is this rf is my 2nd one. My first was red like yours, sold it when my son was born and shopped for a sidecar rig. Couldnt find what I wanted so I purchased a zrx1100 to put sidecar on. Left the fabricating shop for another job so that went out the window. Sold zrx got 2nd rf. I also own a near mint 1999 zx9r. I have done a couple track schools with it, total blast. I recommend track schools not track days, schools teach good habits track days let you practice the habits you have good or bad.

Here's some footage shot from the back of my GSXR, sorry about the quality it was humid that day and the camera kept on getting fogged up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kawi is one of my favorites, it has amazing features and the important thing I like its design and outlook, its just amazing.

I miss my 1972 DS7 350 2-Stroke. Very fun way to get around town.
ds7_zps68535e7d.png

I have had a number of bikes in my day from old jap standards, to rice rockets, to Harleys. I have not been on since around 8 or nine years ago when my daughter was really llittle. I have been thinking of getting back on and not familiar with all of the new bikes out now and wondered if anyone had any current favorites, or just show off what you are riding now.

I have been looking at the Victory Jackpot, kind of an American made factory custom. FAT 250 rear tire, big engine, custom paint and all chromed out for the same price as a stock stripped HD. Anyone have any experience with Victory bikes, and what do you all think of this one, I kind of dig it.

victory-1.jpg

GREAT GREAT BIKE !!

8530325025_2be45a8a08_o.jpg

Brent nice looking ride, what year is yours? Is that the Jackpot? Any issues with it, what mods have you done? I am curious especially about what pipes you put on if any.....the sound of these bikes is so different form the HD sound I am used to.

GREAT GREAT BIKE !!

8530325025_2be45a8a08_o.jpg

Hey ... I had this guy for one summer and then realized I probably shouldn't be tossing it around like an RM80 when I was a kid.. so .. I sold it.

I think was an '08 or '09.

Vegas Jackpot.. forget what brand the pipes were, but man it sounded great.. Really great bike !! Loved it much !!

Your's looks amazing in that colour !

Back