Any model suggestion? What do you hope to see in the SE line?

maxtuna26

title says it all haha :biggrin:

i'd like to see a stoptail version PRS SE Custom, with a full mahogany body, no maple top and hopefully, with 24 frets.
Or even better...*wilder imagination* anyone fancy a SE Custom One? Single pickup, master tone, master volume, SE One-ish Pickguard, stoptail...GAH!! :confused:

Four and Five string bass complete with the blend controls, no toggle switching for the pickups.
Something similar to the G&L M2500, but with PRS headstock and birds on the frets :D
I would buy a PRS SE one in a heartbeat.
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/basses/M-2500/index.asp

TI_M25_120R38R00-1200.jpg

great idea man :biggrin: the SE line still haven't pumped out any basses as of yet, also no news of it coming out in next year's NAMM, right?

edit: just realised my stoptail SE Custom suggestion was very close to the discountinued SE Standard, the only difference being the satin finished body and the 22 frets! Guess I'm saying "bring back the SE Standard" at the same time :eek:

Last edited:
Or even better...*wilder imagination* anyone fancy a SE Custom One? Single pickup, master tone, master volume, SE One-ish Pickguard, stoptail...GAH!! :confused:
Is this an SE One with a tone control? You could get a stacked pot and make that happen with a stock model for like $15.

I would love to see a 25" scaled SE245. Carved top, all 'hog. Call it the SE250. Gold top as one of the colors, black as the other. Soapbar or humbucker option.

Or a Perspex SE... have I mentioned that already?

One day when I have some extra cash I'd love to pick up an early Dan Armstrong with the original case (pull of pickups). I passed on a real clean one a few years ago and wish I had pulled the trigger. The early ones had a fatter neck.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;59924 said:
One day when I have some extra cash I'd love to pick up an early Dan Armstrong

Yeah me too, but what are we gonna do now that we are both "all in"? :flute:

I mentioned it (To an extent) in Les's 'design your own sig' thread.

Basically an SE version of the custom 22 but with a stoptail bridge and bound body and neck. Neck being the same oversized wide fat as the Bernie Marsden. Throw in some covered SE245 pups with some coil tap from a push pull and i'd possibly have my perfect guitar.

I'd like an SE version of the 408s. They did a really nice job with the splits on the new SE Custom 24s, I think an SE version with the mini-toggles would rock. I'd like to see them based upon more of the Santana/245 SE pickups though, something a bit rounder than the SE HSF/VBs.

AND offer it in more than 2 colors, one of which NOT tobacco!

Back