Any "Mavericks" Out There?

MOBirds

I know we have some Logic users here, any of you daring enough to upgrade to OS X Mavericks? I just downloaded installer, but not sure I'm ready to run it quite yet. I suppose I can upgrade my Mini first, then MacBook Pro if that goes well.

Installed on my main studio computer and in the middle of an ad project. Yeah, I'm a little, shall we say, "adventurous."

Zero problems. All of my soft synths and samplers work, and so far all the effects I've tested work. Some of them even work with less CPU strain now. I'll post if I discover a problem, but so far, so good.

I'm on the "waiting" list… too much 3rd party software to worry about at work… It looks awesome though!

I'm still trying to fix my broken Premiere Pro from an Adobe update that won't let me capture video anymore… One problem at a time please :)

Well, got one done. Went really smooth and yeah the new GB looks a lot like Logic - including the virtual drummers! Add the fact that update was free as well (for me at least, I think some have to pay if not at prior version) and I'm pretty happy. I'll hold off a few days on the laptop, that's got all my photo work from the various classes I've been taking. Need to make sure Photoshop isn't going to blow up on me.

If you use Pro Tools it's trouble at the moment, apparently. Be careful! Logic is likely fine though, Apple's had lots of time to make sure that's all good.

If you use Pro Tools it's trouble at the moment, apparently. Be careful! Logic is likely fine though, Apple's had lots of time to make sure that's all good.

Exactly why I didn't upgrade - Pro Tools and the pluggins are usually a nightmare with OS updates! :(

Had absolutely zero problems in the studio with the new OS, all of my AU plugins work just fine in Logic Pro X.

Back