Any Katana Mini fans?

thx712517

Looking at picking one up for a quiet practice amp. Seems to me it makes more sense to get something like the Mini for playing at low volume, instead of using, say, a Katana 50 on the 0.5 watt setting.

Any fans, haters, ambivalent folks with an opinion that want to chew the fat?

Looking at picking one up for a quiet practice amp. Seems to me it makes more sense to get something like the Mini for playing at low volume, instead of using, say, a Katana 50 on the 0.5 watt setting.

Any fans, haters, ambivalent folks with an opinion that want to chew the fat?

Maybe the Boss Forum would be a better place than this one, which is really set up to talk PRS amps?

Don't worry. You're allowed to talk about other brands amps here, as long as you own one of the following.
  1. At least one PRS guitar
  2. At least one Hello Kitty guitar OR Ukelele
  3. Autographed picture of Sergio de Blanc
I'm assuming you have at least one, and probably all three, since you're here.

Just to clarify, that's an autographed pic of Sergio other than the one that came in your welcome pack.

Obviously I have some catching-up to do. I got a Katana Mini today by the way, great little amp for home practice without blowing your ears out.

Just to clarify, that's an autographed pic of Sergio other than the one that came in your welcome pack.
Well of course, we all have that one. I mean "real fan gear" stuff. One of his sweat bands would count, as well.

Who is Sergio i am confused?

Back to OP i have two katana amps currently. Besides my MT 15.

Katana air is an excellent portable practice amp. Sounds great can get very loud.

Katana 100 artist in basement. It switches output between .5 50 and 100 ... also very good.

I use a blackstar ID core 20 as a practice amp myself (at least at work in my work space). Haven't tried any of the Boss amps up to this point. So I am not sure I could be of much help in that realm.

I have a Kat 50, 1X112 on top of a Fender Princton112 from the 90's. Both SS, overkill for a small practice setup but sounds nice. I don't have a mini, btw

Main rig is a little bigger. \m/

If I can't play my Archon quietly, then I play unplugged.

I own a katana 50, and it can do super low volume, but honestly I hate how it sounds at any volume. I'd rather play unplugged than have to listen to my Katana.

If you already have and like a katana, then I'd say it's fine on 0.5w and you shouldn't get a mini.

The katana mini is ok, it serves a purpose but it doesn't come with a power supply so you will need one and or batteries. If you have a boss tuner it has a power out you can use to power the mini. When using batteries and they start to fail the mini starts making funny noises especially on the brown setting.

Back